Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    yeah i got my terminals replaced with them Stinger ones with volt reading out the possie. Just looks fancy thats all. Only thing i thought of was if i had to be or were jumpstarting with another car, it might be a bit of a mission.
    Well i just spent 2 hrs polishing and cleaning the OEM battery terminal thingo's using a sand paper and sawing needle.

Amazon here I come.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Ok; Exide, SuperCheapAuto - Century or Kmart. Who has the best batteries, or what would you guys recommend? None of their websites are very helpful unfortuantely. Can't get CCA or capacity from them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Ok; Exide, SuperCheapAuto - Century or Kmart. Who has the best batteries, or what would you guys recommend? None of their websites are very helpful unfortuantely. Can't get CCA or capacity from them.
    I had a supercharge gold for the past 3.5 years and it was still going strong but i decided to replace it as it's close to its end of life so to speak. It was replaced with a Century with 430CCA because it was from a fresh batch but it only has a 2 year warranty. The Exide on the other hand has a better warranty of 3 years at pretty much the same price. Either one would suffice and I don't you will notice any difference between the two. I'm just a bit wary about buying from Kmart or Big W as they generally sit on the shelf for a long time before they get sold.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    how many of you actually service your batteries? as in cleaning terminals and top up distilled waters etc?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Seems like Kmart batteries are Exide as well. Exide have 3 year warranty on their Extra range, the models X60C rated 370CCA and the X60CA 390CCA. The Century NS60L is rated 430CCA but with 2 years warranty... Repco or Super Cheap Auto don't seem to have SuperCharge batteries....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just for anyone else out there trying to decide as well. I went to Exide themselves and they charge $126 for the 390CCA. Both SuperCheap and AutoBarn charge $149 for the Century 430CCA. I didn't bother with SuperCharge as they weren't Aus made, gotta support the country somehow. Their rated the same as the Century and priced around the same anyway. AutoBarn do free fitment and will give $10 for your old battery though, not sure if SCA does that (the take your battery part not the free fitment).

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    how many of you actually service your batteries? as in cleaning terminals and top up distilled waters etc?
    I do, probably around every 3 months. Then every 6 months I throw them on a multi stage charger for a few days. I usually get around 5 to 6 years out of my batteries. I usually buy Century premium rated ones as they also make a cheaper version. They are usually only $30-$40 more. Having said that I tried Exide premium job for two batteries from Big W believe it or not and got a similar life from them too.

I tend to keep my cars for a while and rack up a few hundred thou before moving them on.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    I bought the bigger 610cca Supercharge battery yesterday. Just a warning as I didn't realize it was WAY WAY bigger than the original and I had to remove the bottom tray and side wrap around battery covers off the car to fit this battery. Also, but I think because I have a comptech icebox, I had to remove the top cover of the original air intake between the battery and headlight. But it seems to look and feel secure where it is now, at least I have a nice beefy battery, and was only $159.

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    The bottom plate/tray can actually hold a bigger battery. It's just that you'ld do without the cover.

On a side note; anyone know where to buy that blue anti corrosion spray? I'm currently making do with WD40 but would pref that blue stuff that was on the OEM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 & DC5R
    Bought a battery today for the Euro Lux. It's a Bosch S3 (55D23L-S3) 500CCA for $125 3 year warranty. http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/6567.htm http://www.bosch.com.au/content/lang..._Web_Ready.pdf Was gonna buy the AC DELCO $166 (too expensive) or Supercharge Gold, but then saw this Bosch S3 cheaper and higher CCA (500CCA)...So I give it a try see how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    lol condom sakti wtf hahahah
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    The bottom plate/tray can actually hold a bigger battery. It's just that you'ld do without the cover.

On a side note; anyone know where to buy that blue anti corrosion spray? I'm currently making do with WD40 but would pref that blue stuff that was on the OEM.
    I saw at Repco they had a CRC branded can of this where the car batteries are located in the shop.