Quote Originally Posted by yfin
Aarong - as for letting the car warm up without driving it - you may well be right but I can tell you now that explaining such things to a retired mechanic who thinks he knows everything he needs to know about cars would be futile... And the car is now going to sit there for 5 weeks - with no power whatsoever...
I know the feeling, my dad took a diploma to be a mechanic. So I never get the end of how soft I am and that I need to train to be tougher for car servicing jobs. He was wanting to change the fuel filter of his CD Accord a few months ago and kept telling me that it was a difficult job and such. I told him I could do it as I work a lot in confined spaces at our high pressure lab where our spanners only have a 5cm space to turn. When he couldn't undo the bottom fuel line bolt on the 2nd day, I asked him to let me do it instead (for the 10th time) and he finally gave in.

LOL, using a spanner, I twisted the middle part of the hex nut from using so much force (special high pressure nut tightening technique. Don't anyone threaten me with their nuts ) but the bolt came loose as well.

And then just last week he told me he changed 2 of his engine mounts on his car..... alone. I can't beat that.