Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    OPTIMA yellow top is what I had before

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Honda's OEM battery CL9 is only 350'ish CCA?? Or is it the same as the AC Delco 420 CCA? Still don't know what to swap it with as Supercharge Gold is hard to find in Melb. How about Century? I'm not interested in kmart exide.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux 5AT AB
    Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    Honda's OEM battery CL9 is only 350'ish CCA?? Or is it the same as the AC Delco 420 CCA? Still don't know what to swap it with as Supercharge Gold is hard to find in Melb. How about Century? I'm not interested in kmart exide.
    The original battery fitted to my 2004 CL9 was a Yuasa, can't remember the CCA rating. It was in the mid 300s though IIRC. I replaced it not long ago with an AC Delco S55B24LS, 430CCA, 30mth warranty, purchased for $92 from Pistons Auto Parts in Boronia. The original battery was still going (6 years!), but starting to show its age.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Thanks KLeung, how is the AC Delco S55B24LS, 430CCA battery performing for you? How long have been running it? Thanks.

Anyone use using this battery in their Euro and comments?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Thanks KLeong, I picked up the AC-Delco battery from Piston Auto Parts around noon.. My car started weak this morning... so the timing is good.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    Thanks KLeung, how is the AC Delco S55B24LS, 430CCA battery performing for you? How long have been running it? Thanks.

Anyone use using this battery in their Euro and comments?
    I've been using this battery since 2006. It's good and about time to be replaced because I discharged it til it went flat by accident when I was working on my car for a long long time with the boot lights on.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    mm, yeah i got another SuperChargeGold MF75D23L @ Autobarn for $159.
    Slightly bigger than stock as its for the 03 model only, but it will fit other Euro models, so you need to lose the bottom battery tray, but its 610CCA.
    so the SuperChargeGold MF75D23L does fit the euro? i have 06 euro and if it fits, then i would lik to purchase this battery. my car been sitting in the garage with the flat battery for lik a month now i think

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by biee2 View Post
    so the SuperChargeGold MF75D23L does fit the euro? i have 06 euro and if it fits, then i would lik to purchase this battery. my car been sitting in the garage with the flat battery for lik a month now i think
    You have to remove the plastic battery tray in order to fit this bigger battery. Beneath the battery tray is some sheet metal parts, which you might want to put a flat piece of plastic over to prevent any edges from digging into the bottom of the battery.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You have to remove the plastic battery tray in order to fit this bigger battery. Beneath the battery tray is some sheet metal parts, which you might want to put a flat piece of plastic over to prevent any edges from digging into the bottom of the battery.
    thanks for the heads up aaronng
    anyways i got the battery from autobarn and it was $159 for the MF75D23L. bring in your old battery and you get a $10 discount :P so in the end my battery costed me $149 which i thought was alright. but yeah i thought i take some photos and post them up here if any one else wants to try out this battery. its alot more fat then the stick oem battery so will have to removed all the plastic covers that covers the old battery.

aaronng suggested to me to cut a peace of plastic out and place down the buttom of the battery but i didnt do it cos i thought it was reasonable flat and couldnt see anything realli that would dig into the battery over time. the onli thing that i thought would or might cut the battery would be this metal edge though. you could place a plastic sheet if you wanna take extra care.

and the finish product hehe
    i used a peace of cardboard as you might see in this picture to stop the metal edge from doin anything serious to the battery. yeshh i kno im dodgy LOL

overall the car started up nice and strong after being dormant for lik a month or so. took about 2-3 cranks i think it was and the engine was running. seem ALOT more easier to start then with the old oem battery that i had.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Got to get a new battery for my CU2
    It failed electronic test at service today, -30%.
    I'll try and get a supercharge gold. Probably cost an arm and a leg up here though...
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Still $149 at autobarns wOOt! Got the supercharge gold MF55B24LS and it's exact same size and fit if anyone else with a CU2 is wondering.

Old battery was a panasonic. Not sure of the specs, but it was well and truely stuffed.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Still $149 at autobarns wOOt! Got the supercharge gold MF55B24LS and it's exact same size and fit if anyone else with a CU2 is wondering.

Old battery was a panasonic. Not sure of the specs, but it was well and truely stuffed.
    Car batteries don't last for long in the tropics.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.