Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    I got it.

Exide 'Extra' maintenance free,

There is no difference with cranks,
    but overall i feel a lot more confident with a 3 year warranty.

Can't go wrong.

Comments about exide being better because its Australian made are outrageous.

Goodluck with you Exide battery mate. Make sure you keep your receipt in the glove box as i can guarentee that your gunna need it within the next 3 years!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    I'll let u know how I go Be10Wu.

What battery would you have recommended?

As i wrote a big post about before. I have sold nearly all types of batteries from Century, Supercharge, Exide, Apollo, General, Optima, Civic just to name a few. The ONLY battery company that didn't have many failures was Supercharge, Not to mention that ALL Supercharge Batteries have a much higher cranking rate then the others.

For example i sell on average 40 Batteries a week at work. When we had other brands we would have about 10+ per week come back under warranty. We now sell Supercharge and have done so for a few years and we would be lucky to push through 10 claims per year!

And despite what anyone may think Optima batteries are THE WORST you can buy!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    Ah well. Next time I'll go for the SuperCharge.

I wanted to stimulate the Australian economy buying Australian brands, so next time (if the economy is back to "normal") we'll go for the imported batteries.

How long you been in the Auto Business Be10?

For about 15 years i have been in the industry for.

As for stimulating the Australian economy. Supercharge do work in Australia and do supply some australian made products aswell. So by buying from them (or their products) you would still stimulate the economy as you keep their employees in a job and then they get to spend their pay in Australia too..

Mind you though this is the same for anyone selling imported goods.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    ive had the original battery for 5 years now :S maybe time for a replacement. Did well for a small battery and not to mention the number of times my mum left the lights on when she would borrow it, shes too accustomed to toyotas lol

I too will be looking for a new battery soon, as soon i fix the other shit with it.

Would I be needing a new battery or do I have an issue with my key/immobiliser? For the last few weeks I've been having intermittent starting issues. I use to be able to just hop in the car and start the car up.

Now starting the car in the same pace/fashion one of the following would happen:
    - car will try to start then cut off, like the immobiliser is switching off then on again?
    - immobiliser stays off?, and nothing happens when u try to start
    - hear a scratching like noise behind the coin compartment area (immobiliser?) and car doesnt start.

Told Honda about it when I had it serviced, but when they tested it worked fine and they connected to their computer and didnt find anything.

Tested using the other set of keys and same thing.

QD. Doesn't sound like the battery at all..

Id definately take it to a reputable auto electrician and get them to have a look at it for you. First port of call will be to do a battery test which should rule that out going off what you say is happening.

Possibly the immobiliser unit and not the keys themselves.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    What is this idle relearn malarky that is done after changing the battery?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Idle relearn is something the engine does by itself. You don't have to do anything, but it helps when you turn the car on for the first time after reconnecting the battery if you let it idle for about 20 mins.

When you disconnect the battery, the engine fuel trims reset. When you start the engine after reconnecting the battery, the car may idle a bit roughly until the engine management 'relearns' to idle smoothly by collecting enough data from engine sensors.

You also have to recalibrate your driver's auto up/down window. To do this, you hold down the window down control until the window is all the way down, count for a second or two then release the switch. Then do the same rolling the window back up.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    BE.10.WU

How has your experience been with optima batts?
    Is it build quality, reliability, warranty issues that make them bad?

Ive only ever owned one so i cant really comment about them, but my yellow top has never given me problems.

But i think one of the posts on my cousins yellow top came lose .