Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Thanks Aaron - in terms of calling Supercharge - are you planning to get a new battery? If you do please let me know the rough price of the Gold - it is hard for me to call them from Hungary.

By the way - did we ever find out the CCA of the OEM battery fitted to the vechicle from the factory?
    crap, usually around 300cca i'm pretty sure.
    lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Thanks Aaron - in terms of calling Supercharge - are you planning to get a new battery? If you do please let me know the rough price of the Gold - it is hard for me to call them from Hungary.

By the way - did we ever find out the CCA of the OEM battery fitted to the vechicle from the factory?
    Yup, destrukshn is right. It's 300CCA and it's a Yuasa battery. Guess what other cars use the same size battery as the Euro? The Mazda 121 and the Daihatsu Terios.

I'll let you know the price. No problems!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Yup, destrukshn is right. It's 300CCA and it's a Yuasa battery. Guess what other cars use the same size battery as the Euro? The Mazda 121 and the Daihatsu Terios.

I'll let you know the price. No problems!
    Cheers thanks. That is incredible re the battery size. No wonder it is weak to start the car sometimes. I am glad I am replacing it.

^ sounds like it could be the reason why the car starts hard sometimes like you said. Interesting to hear if a new battery changes that.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Well just an update on this thread - my old man returned a few days ago to the battery sitting there dead for 5 weeks.

Took it to the workshop and put it on charge for 2 days - and battery appears to test ok and hold a charge.

Lets see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm picking up an ACDelco battery next week. Will let you know if it solves the cold start and light dimming problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I'm picking up an ACDelco battery next week. Will let you know if it solves the cold start and light dimming problem.
    Aaron - sonds good.

Do you know if the OEM battery is maintenance free? My old man asked me who does my servicing as the fluid in the battery was very low. I thought it was a sealed battery.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Aaron - sonds good.

Do you know if the OEM battery is maintenance free? My old man asked me who does my servicing as the fluid in the battery was very low. I thought it was a sealed battery.
    Mine is maintanence free. The top of the battery is flat, but you can still unscrew the individual cells to top up with deionised water. Brand is Yuasa. Here's a piccy:

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Mine is maintanence free. The top of the battery is flat, but you can still unscrew the individual cells to top up with deionised water. Brand is Yuasa. Here's a piccy:
    Ahh thanks. Didn't know we could top them up.

Is that something people have been doing? I wouldn't expect Honda service to do that.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Is that something people have been doing? I wouldn't expect Honda service to do that.
    I don't think they would check it even. It's meant to be maintenance free. But if it discharges, it would consume the water to form lead sulphate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual

Battery Maintenance

If you do it yourself only fill to 5 mm above the cell plate. This can be checked by using a thin stick wood or plastic (not a pencil) down the cell. DONT over fill.
    Aaronng there is still time before father's day for you to buy your dad that trickle battery charger .
    Adagio
    Last edited by Adagio; 31-08-2006 at 08:50 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adagio
    If you do it yourself only fill to 5 mm above the cell plate. This can be checked by using a thin stick wood or plastic (not a pencil) down the cell. DONT over fill.
    Aaronng there is still time before father's day for you to buy your dad that trickle battery charger .
    Adagio
    My dad? You mean yfin's dad? Hehe...

My dad has his huge ass current selectable charger. It's the size of an old 14" monitor!