Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a

CRX & Civic Bonnet Swap..

Hey Does anyone know weather the ED model CRX bonnets with the 'Power Lump' fit onto the same model (ED) Civics?.. and also with the projector headlights & Eyelids for the crx do they fit the Civic?..
    Cheers,
    Jason...
    Last edited by Rivic; 23-07-2006 at 12:02 AM.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    not 100% sure but i think the headlights are a different shape (length) if that is the case the headlights, radiator and front bar would need to be swapped as well

by the 'power lump' do u mean that small raised part where the cam gears are?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a
    ^^^ Yeah got told thats wot it was called?...

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    got a pic of ur headlights?
    i'm sure theyshould fit, it may be just the bracket that is different. IF it is then you may need to use ur existing bracket.
    but not hte parker lights because they're a different shape.
    The bonnet should fit,

if you go to honda-tech.com you would get a definite answer as they have done a few crx front ends on their ef civics
    Last edited by bumography; 23-07-2006 at 10:27 AM.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    They are exactly the same as the Euro and Japanese Civic Si had the same bonnet. It's a straight swap. Buy your bonnet and bolt it on from what I understand - I've seen enough ED hatches and sedans running around with it.

It's only the VTEC bonnets (SiR in Japan and VT in Europe) that have different shaped headlights/filler panel. These bonnets are completely convex as oppoesed to the Aussie Civic/CRX bonnets which are concave.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    thanks for that! good info! as i have a CRX front bar and Bonnet to go on my ED
    not sure if the front bar fits as yet, looks like it will BUT the indicators in the front bar are a different shape so i need to get CRX ones
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

The 4 door civic has different shape guards and bonnet they might look the same but they do not fit the Hatch or the CRX.Head lights seem to be the only thing the same.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    B18C CRX
    The ED hatch and CRX hoods are interchangable. I have a ED hood with no lump on my CRX.