Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)

steering wheel noise

my steering wheel was starting to squeek when i turn it especialy on cold days. i took it off today and grease some of the parts but it only made it worse. anyone else have this (eg civic) annoying me soo much. i couldnt work out how to take more parts apart in the steering column, but i cant understand why its making more noise now that i greased it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    maybe one of the steering related rods in your car needs replacing? like bushes?

the small white indicator cancellor thingy (white piece of plastic on the hub) is rubbing in somewhere - is it back to front ?!

Member Array
    Car:
    B18C CRX
    sometimes the horn contact can screech like you've described.
    if this is the problem i use a little silicon grease on the contact plate.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda CRX 92vtec
    could it b ur steering column ? did u check ur p/steering fluid ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    fyi a friend's camry's steering was squeeking, spraying WD40 on the steering column elbow joint (just above the brake pedal) fixed the problem.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    i doubt it the horn connectore as thats where i put grease. i will take it off again tomorow and put it behind theat white indicator offy thingy ma jig. it definately is coming from the actually steering wheel height so it must be somethin gin there,..

my integra LS also does that.. dunno whether on cold days or not.. but it still does squeak... but i think it's not really a big prob in terms of handling.. just the sound onli... but still, help to remove that sound would be good...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    fyi a friend's camry's steering was squeeking, spraying WD40 on the steering column elbow joint (just above the brake pedal) fixed the problem.
    Same thing with Commodores. This is a common issues with steering noises.