Thread: Exhausts

Member Array
    Car:
    Guess?

Exhausts

hey guys i have dc2 type-r, im plannin to get a 4-2-1 header and full exhaust system within the next week but unsure which brand to go for.
    are hurricane exhausts systems any good?
    and what size should i get 2 1/2 inch all the way? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    dude its been done and covered over and over and over again..

just search it..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    go for TODA header!

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    what is your budget like..
    and what sort of driving do you do with the dc2r ?
    i.e. do you track ? or is it just a daily driver ?
    are you after branded systems ? or just going custom ?

if it's track and u're after high end power, then go for a 2.5 inch branded exhaust.. with a 4-1 set of extractors TODA/JDM

if you're just daily driving, then just go for a set of 4-2-1 headers.. brand depending on your budget, and a 2.38 aftermarket branded exhaust..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    Guess?
    well its only for road use but i only have a budget of about $1300. what can i get thats still good?

as stated above this topic is covered on a weekly basis, please use the search function you will find a bucket of info.

for 1300 you are limiting your options for a full system, a good japanese/US 4-2-1 header will cost 650+ ,200+ for a good cat and 650+ again for either a custom made exhaust or pre made import.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R/DC5R
    Try to save up a tad more and get a Toda 4-2-1 header, a hi flow cat and an FGK RM01a. You'll love it..hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Really depends on what your after.

If you want mid range torque go for a Mugen 4 -2 -1 or general 4 -2 -1 and a mugen twinloop. They are known to produce midrange torque but no hp gains at the top end.

If you want better top end power get a 4 -1 header and some 2.5 inch exhaust.

If you want a mix try a 4 - 2 - 1 header and a Mugen twinloop with straight 2.5 inch piping.

The RM01A is a top quality exhaust too. But for the sound of the exhaust I love Mugen.

I'm working on my hybrid setup which will have 2.5 inch piping with a 200 cell cat and the Mugen twinloop welded on. Will give an update when its all done and done.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Hurricane is fine mate... ive got xforce on my Crx, they sound great, and they gave me power. Not to mention they are a lot cheaper than mugen.

Nothing better for $:kw than hurricane/xforce. I personally wouldnt spend over $1grand for 4 tubes that weld into one.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999