Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metallic trim set for euro luxury?

Hello Guys

I have just bought a 2003 euro luxury which has the black marble like finish on the trims. I am looking at having themn changed. Do you know if the center console (lartge compartment) is part of the change of the set??

Ben

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    I have a 2004 Euro Luxury with the metallic trim set, doesn't include the big centre compartment

Pic here:
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2937/img05963tb3.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux 5AT AB
    Also bear in mind that the trim pieces just stick on top of what's already there with what looks like double-sided tape. And it's *expensive*. Last time I checked it was somewhere in the vicinity of $600 for the complete set (window panels plus dashboard/centre console highlights) from the dealer, plus installation.

Another option might be to ask your dealer about the trim bits for the 06 Euro, and physically replace the parts on your car - the 06 comes with dark silver trim in place of the marbley/woodgrain bits.

Good luck!

Thanks for that!!!!

Wow thats alot of money for a bit of 'contact like' material. I asumed it was perhaps brushed aluminum strip or metalised plastic.

Thanks for the tip!!!!

Ben

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    It's a thin piece of plastic, not flexible and "film/contact-like". The centre compartment in the '06 Luxury is silver (soft of like a dotted effect), but I think the one used in the Accord Coupe in the US has a really nice brushed aluminium finish

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux 5AT AB
    Oops, sorry. I should have been a bit clearer. My bad.

Yes, they are hard pieces of plastic that stick over the existing trim. From memory, the silver trim pieces are much the same texture and colour as the pods that the buttons on the steering wheel are housed in.

I think brushed aluminium would be nice though. I like the interior of the TSX better than our Euro. And to make matters worse, the TSX is cheaper too :/

Quote Originally Posted by kleung
    Another option might be to ask your dealer about the trim bits for the 06 Euro, and physically replace the parts on your car - the 06 comes with dark silver trim in place of the marbley/woodgrain bits.

Good luck!
    Perhaps you could physically replace the black marbley bits with the metallic type that came with the euro standard?. Plus the additional trim set that is an option. I looked at the 06 euro and the center console (immediately below the radio/sat nav sys) it appeared to be different.

Perhaps the guy on the forum who works for Honda service tech?? Can comment on this.

My first immediate mod will be to get ipod integration

Thanks guys you really help.

Ben

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    its def. a nice compliment to have the silver trimming, only if it was a little cheaper.
    800 or so AUD for a 7 pieces of plastic held on by double stick 3M tape? i think not. 800 can be used for a swaybar, front strut bar, lower arm bar AND an injen cold air intake, which I think is much more bang for ur buck.

There are places u can take ur plastic pieces to have them professionally coated in carbon fibre, chrome dipped or metallic brush look.
    i think the place is MODICOAT

www.modicoat.com

give them a go
    good luck and congrats on the euro purchase
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I think I saw some on eBay where they have all these different type of looks, including carbon look. But I can't find it anymore.
    Actually it was posted once here in this forum. just can't seem to find it...
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux 5AT AB
    Euro77 - was it that contact-like film that you could cut to shape?

Car:
    Black8
    no, it's already shaped like the original trims, except that it has patterns. so not like a sheet that you stick on to the original trim.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Car:
    Black8
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)