Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 Lancer Evo X GSR

DC5R series 2 suspension difference?

Does the DC5R series 2 in japan have any differences in suspension compared to our AUSDM DC5R's?

The reason i want to know is because i recently bought some BuddyClub Racing Spec coilovers for my DC5 and i took it to a suspension place to get it installed today and they couldn't install the rear coilovers. They said the rear ones didin't fit.

It definately says "DC5" on the box. Could it be that these coilovers are made for the series 2?

I'll be calling BuddyClub AU on monday to comfirm if the coilovers i bought are correct for my car or not. But interested to hear if anyone thinks this is weird or not.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Series 1 and series 2 have different suspension geometry. So when you buy, ask for 01-04 DC5R coilovers. Hot Version vid mentioned that they were "eagerly waiting for aftermarket suspension for the new Type R". So I think that they are different.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 Lancer Evo X GSR
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Aaronng.

Damn now i have to send these back and wait another couple of weeks to get the correct ones in.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 Lancer Evo X GSR
    Has anyone got a picture they can upload of their Buddyclub racing spec dampers for DC5?? I need to see the top view of the rear coilovers to see if its the same as mine, coz mine don't fit!!

Please post pic if you have.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    That’s strange! I thought all the DC5 suspensions set-up were the same in terms of fitting?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Along with the 05 facelift, they revised the suspension as well. Since we didn't have the updated DC5R in Aus, no one could confurm it. I saw the comparison on a hot version dvd.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

my hks sussy made for 01-04 dc5r was installed on my 05 dc5S with no probs... no mods were required to make it fit

Do the JDM dc5's have different rear LCA's compared to aus spec like the Dc2?s

This is interesting reading.
    blah blah blah

That is strange. Who can confirm it?

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
    Do the JDM dc5's have different rear LCA's compared to aus spec like the Dc2?s
    the AUDM DC5R and DC5S both use different front and rear LCA's from the JDM DC5R.
    Last edited by matt; 04-08-2006 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    the AUDM DC5R and DC5S both use different front and rear LCA's from the JDM DC5R.
    Thanks for the info
    blah blah blah

How about the fitting of JDM coilovers into AUDM DC5R?

Quote Originally Posted by matt