Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    going merry

REVIEW: Meguirs NXT Gen Wax and NXT Gen Wash

Disclaimer: The following is provided as my opinion only.

Just a short input for those who are interested the the NXT gen range. I tried these 2 products out over the weekend (supercheap had 20% storewide sale :]) and just had to say how happy I was with the results.

The NXT gen wash really lifts up the colour of the car and has a nice smell to kit. Much better than those kitten range which just washes the car leaving the colour as it is. Ive actually been using this for a while but my initial impression was that it brings the colour up to a similar result the normal meguir wax brings it to.

The NXT gen wax, although a good $20 more than the normal meguirs wax is quite worth it. Like it says on the packaging, its makes your paint darker and richer. I've used waxes and I can say the extra $20 for NXT gen wax is well worth it.
    Last edited by zorrt; 01-08-2006 at 08:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I gotta agree with the smell... lol
    It reminds of bubblegum, i picked mine up as a package:
    NXT Wash
    NXT Wax (liquid)
    and Meguiar's carry bag

all for 50, one of the best 50bux i've ever spent on a car product.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    can i ask u zorrt what car u have? and wat year? and what condition your paint was in? hehe i know its a few Q's but yeah i really wanna get this and i duno if its overpriced just coz its that brand. coz the paint on my boot looks good but theres tiny scratches on it that makes it feel like shit. after i wax my boot it only feels a bit better. thx for any help!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    NXT doesn't remove scratches or swirls. It does remove some oxidation and dirt, so it makes your paint look better.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

anyone used scratchx?? ive got a few light scratches (im assuming from minor sand grains froma chamois or soemthign)..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Scratch X works good for me, it's only useful for light scratches though.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Maybe try a swirl remover.
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    For proper swirl removal, look into getting a proper random orbital. None of the supercheap stuff, but proper 400W ones like the GMC, Bosch or Hitachi. I use Poorboys SSR2.5 with a medium cut pad on the bosch for my swirl removal.

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    Quote Originally Posted by shinji112
    can i ask u zorrt what car u have? and wat year? and what condition your paint was in? hehe i know its a few Q's but yeah i really wanna get this and i duno if its overpriced just coz its that brand. coz the paint on my boot looks good but theres tiny scratches on it that makes it feel like shit. after i wax my boot it only feels a bit better. thx for any help!
    I have a red 94 DC2 and in my experience with red cars (my previous rolla was red too), red is a colour which tends to fade. The driver side paint on the door is kinda a hot pink red colour cuz of fading. The normal meguir wax will fix the colour up but I like the results of the NXT better since its darker.

Ive used scratchx, I try to polish my bumper as a test spot by hands then the cloth went red so I didnt try on any other parts of my car. But I used it on a CF bonnet I was selling off and it worked wonders. Made it look virtually brand new. Costed me 2 hrs of my life tho....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    For proper swirl removal, look into getting a proper random orbital. None of the supercheap stuff, but proper 400W ones like the GMC, Bosch or Hitachi. I use Poorboys SSR2.5 with a medium cut pad on the bosch for my swirl removal.
    how much are we looking at for a proper orbital? price range

also with the nxt gen wax, would be work better on lighter colour cars like white compare to normal stuff? cos i believe it help bring out better for darker colour cars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R
    how much are we looking at for a proper orbital? price range

also with the nxt gen wax, would be work better on lighter colour cars like white compare to normal stuff? cos i believe it help bring out better for darker colour cars
    GMC's about 50-70 I think. Bosch is $150.

NXT wax looks good on any colour. Of course with white, the darkening effect is not noticeable.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    My EG Hatch's paint is quiet old and has quiet a few nicks and scratches..
    All i did here was give it a wash with NXT wash and a meguires wash mitt and
    chamois:

More pics of it here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=45991&page=9