Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    was a honda
    So tell me exactly how you "double clutch" and what are the benefits? is it worth double clutching when you drag someone off the lights? :?

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    When about to change gear, clutch in to neutral and let the revs rise then clutch into your next gear.. I believe it is like this..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    i always thought it was down changeing?? when ur comin up to a corner i usually just put in clutch, put it in neutral then rev it a bit then put in clutch and change down the gear, i dunnno just what my old man tought me but who who knows,lol

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Pretty sure its up gears. You dont need to do it if your car is relatively new anyway. Unless your synchros are about to die on ya hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    "granny shifting instead of soubling clutching like you should"
    its the worse line from f&f, totally BS. The quickest shift involves not clutching at all!
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    friends dads truck you have to double clutch when downshifting, its due to worn out synchro's on the gears. its a pain in the arse, basically pushing the cluth in twice, first time to put it into neutral then second time to select gear.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    just rent the video and learn.

umm there was a thread in ff forum about it, try doing a search there fusion vti i think thats heel & toe
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    fusion VTi has it right...heel & toe is doing that while braking

Use it while downshifting, when upshifting do it normally, or flat shift if you hate your car or have a nice ECU that has a flatshift program

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    riends dads truck you have to double clutch when downshifting, its due to worn out synchro's on the gears. its a pain in the arse, basically pushing the cluth in twice, first time to put it into neutral then second time to select gear.
    And thats the ONLY time you would need to use it in a veihcle where the syncros are ****ed(this includes missing a gear and having to reset it) or not even syncro gear box... if you use it any other time your an idiot and deserve to be shot!!!

Theres a technique that people often confuse with doubling the clutch and its called Heal and toe... its onyl really usful on a track or hard driving... ie Keeping the revs up while under BRAKES(and yes i mean foot on the brake, it shouldn't leave the brake) to do this while having your foot on the brake you clutch in, shift out of gear, Blip the throttle to keep the revs up enough for the next gear down, put it into gear and (if your good enough at it) dump the clutch(otherwise release the clutch at a quick rate). I made a post about it on MCCR... I'll find it and link it if anyone is intrested in the different braking techniques.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I said what double clutching is in another thread.....try searching
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

the fastest gear change would be a flat change... where ur foot never comes off the accelerator the whole quater mile!