Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    OMG, you still wouldn't need to double the clutch, only rev match.... theres a difference.
    double clutch if you are changing gears under normal driving conditions, since the revs fall quickly.
    if this was the case by the time you'd matched your revs and got your foot onto the clutch the revs would have droped again. The techniqure your thinking of is rev matching, which is what heel and toe is.

I will concor that doubling the clutch is rev matching however, the only reason rev matching must be done is because by the time your ready to put it into gear the revs have droped below the match point, a decent trucky wouldn't even need to touch the throttle during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    OMG, you still wouldn't need to double the clutch, only rev match.... theres a difference.
    Now that I think about it, you're absoloutely right. (My bad). It's the engine speed that falls quickly due to the lightened flywheel, not the gear box speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    hehehe :P sorry for getting pissed. I've just heard the "yeah man doubling the clutch is much better" line way to many times, I just had another nuebie driver friend tell me he did it, and he thinks its better...

Doesn't matter. I soly blame F&F... before that movie it was only older drivers and truckies who even knew about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    before that movie it was only older drivers and truckies who even knew about it :P
    are you sure? do you have proof? :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    ehh...i thought double clutching is for better breaking?...

why is everyone saying changing gear???
    ehhh....

can people prove me that i'm wrong?????

and i thought that it's a technique to prevent your car from jamming those breaks and you can break in time to turn in the corner?

hmm...
    actually, do people know wats the real reason for heel toe?...
    the funny one is that...to prevent from spilling your coke!..hahaha...
    hmm...i wanna know what ya guys say...hmmmm...

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Back in the day before syncromesh... they had "crash"(dogboxes) gearboxes... to be able to put it into the next gear the revs had to be matched. If you didn't match them you be grinding till kingdom come... Hence the reason why when you see movies with trucks, you hear them grinding the gears as they drive off. It was comon place because of the close ratios. Now days the only time you need to do it is if your gear box was ****ed and even still you wouldn't need to take your foot off the clutch, just match the revs.
    Heal and Toe is actually to keep your revs up as your power through a corner, theres very little need for it if your breaks are good. For example you dont want to be fumbling for the next gear after you've taken your foot off the break and want to power around, It helps with times on a track. Truckies use it because it saves the breaks and helps pull up big loads, another name is "engine brakes". which is the result... truckies arn't suposed to use them around town coz its ****ing loud.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 civic hatch/Hybrid
    i thought it was exhaust brakes they wern't supposed to use around town

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    everybody seems to say heel toe only keeps the power up...i wonder why...hmm....

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    This is some funny thread... a lot of people are misinformed, and some have the correct answers but then some people just want to continue to say what they think things are which just confuses everybody in the end.

Heel toe is not "engine brakes"...
    Heel toe is a driving "technique"... a technique to "rev match"...
    "Rev matching" is not a technique...
    "Double clutching" is a technique...
    "Double clutching" has nothing to do with "heel toe"...

Watch Best Motoring DVD's when they show the feet "techniques"... you will notice that they "heel toe" when coming up to a corner to "rev match"... but they don't do it for the sole purpose of engine braking but rather so the synchros do not get worn out...

They do it to keep the car balanced as they set up to take the corners..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by geo41e
    umm...heel and toe is now doicsuesed..but i think the dude is asking about double clutching...

l'm thinking when u shift into second...and the gear is too long...u push ur cluitch in quick to rev the enging upo and then dumping the slutch again which gives u abit of wheel spin at round 5000 rpm or more

however in sayiung this..u loose abit of time..and doesn't make a difference l duin think
    Just curious, how long since you changed your tires?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    watch initial d.....