Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser

Koni Yellows Height Adjustment?!

Hey guys

Recently i have fitted some koni yellows with eibach springs (great ride !) and i currently have them set at the medium height setting (Their is a high, medium and low setting on the shocks)

Does anyone know how to adjust the heigh setting? Do i actualy have to take the spring completely out and then some how move the perch down?
    Or could i possibly get some spring compressors on the springs while on the shock, and compress them so there is play and then move the perch up or down?

If someone could fill me in on how they work it would be really good

p.s I did do a search and i found a very similar thred but my questions were not 100% answered, hence why i have started a thred
    Last edited by Sexc86; 01-08-2006 at 03:40 PM.

you adjust the height via an adjustable cir-clip. This "clip" holds the suspension cup which the spring sits on.
    You can adjust it two or three levels both front and rear.
    You need to take the entire strut out with no spring (fully taken apart) to flip the circlip off with a flathead screwdriver or pliers , and move it up or down , then reinstall.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    88 crx
    ^^^what he said, the drop varies from car to car but on a crx its 15mm on the rear and 25mm on the front. for a civic i believe it is more

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    You dont need to take the whole strut out, just use the spring compressor to compress the spring. Then use cir-clip pliers to move the clips into place.

Quote Originally Posted by vtek
    You dont need to take the whole strut out, just use the spring compressor to compress the spring. Then use cir-clip pliers to move the clips into place.
    It is ALOT easier to do this with the shock out. If you do it on the car , i can suggest using a combo of spring compressors and a large crowbar to "hold" the spring above the perch. But this is dangerous so dotn bother.

BTW you cant use "circlip" pliers as these are just "clips" ( they dont have small holes for the pliers to clip onto)
    A flathead scredriver and abit of WD40 is all you need.

i work on suspesion all day long and as bennjiman said take the strut out it is SO MUCH SAFER, i would never use spring clamps/compressors ever. yes it takes longer but i like the use of my eyes/fingers/arms..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    i got these in my cars all i have to do is jack the car up and remove the wheel dont even touch the strut or anything
    my springs are small enougth that there is no pressure when jacked up
    if you got no tention when jacked it is very easy do the whole car in about 1/2 hr without spring compressors or removing the strut