Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AUDM CL9 Vs JDM CL9

Hi I browsed honda japan website and I found that their CL9 has 147kw/232Nm compared to our 140kW/223Nm. Is this got anything to do with the engine structure or ECU? Or is it just because they are running 100Octane fuel in Japan?

Member Array
    Car:
    Wish i had a Honda
    i think it will be the fuel....
    WHAT IS A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    It's the fuel most of the time, although sometimes emission comes into play as well (as is the case with Mazda RX8)
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's the ECU. Our engine comes from the 4WD Accord Wagon.

The TSX had the same 147kW engine and was specced to run 95 RON (91 PON).

HOndata tuning of the k24a3 gave similar results to that of a Hondata'd TSX k24a2.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Hey blackie, so when Hondatech ECU comes out we would be able to match the k24a2 147kw even with stock IHE??

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R 02
    doesn´t the jdm one just have the updated version of the k24, the same as the TSX got. those numbers match those of the 06TSX don´t they?

bigger valves, better exhaust, 64mm throttlebody, better rods and pistons and some things like that?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by curik
    Hey blackie, so when Hondatech ECU comes out we would be able to match the k24a2 147kw even with stock IHE??
    Comparing between stock k24a2 and k24a3, the a2 has extra 7kW. Comparing the dynos from hondata usa and hondatech, I notice that the a3 has more gains after being reflashed to being it up to the level of the k24a2.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by h1coupe
    doesnīt the jdm one just have the updated version of the k24, the same as the TSX got. those numbers match those of the 06TSX donīt they?

bigger valves, better exhaust, 64mm throttlebody, better rods and pistons and some things like that?
    No, the JDM has a 147kW engine, same as the 03-05 TSX. The 06 TSX with the upgrades makes 152kW with the SAE dynos, or about 156kW without the temperature and altitude corrections. The 06 JDM still has the same 147kW engine.

156 kW and 240Nm from an I4!!! the V6 e90 325i only makes 150kw 250Nm!! Looks like if honda uses the magnesium block it will make 160kw out of a I4. Oh I wish Hondatech ECU is out!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Magnesium block gives weight savings and better reinforment. It doesn't give power. Most BMW engines come standard with port & polish from the factory. The only Hondas that have this are the Type Rs, NSX and S2000.

and how much power can you get from port and polishing? And how much $?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just guessing. I'd say it's worth maybe 3Nm? It lets the intake flow in with less turbulence. But for the Euro, we need a larger throttle body first.