Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    the gen3 civic (2 door hatch) is a great platform and has excelent handling for what little of a car there is, i do recoment you get a efi model aswell and bypass any with powersteering (save the kgs and have better road feel). In terms of gen1 crx i cannot comment as i am yet to ever drive one. But the difference between a gen3 civic to a gen2 crx is huge in the handling department, even tho the gen2rex is heavier the gen3civic chasis and weight dont make up the total handling difference compared to the gen2crx, yet it can still be made a bloody quick car. Also if you are lucky enough to find one with a b series motor swap and brake upgrade i recomend forking out the cash for it as they are monsters. Also a little trick to make it pointy and removing understeer in the tight stuff i recomend running your front tyres 1-1.5 inches wider than the rear

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by j3z3z
    the gen3 civic (2 door hatch) is a great platform and has excelent handling for what little of a car there is, i do recoment you get a efi model aswell and bypass any with powersteering (save the kgs and have better road feel). In terms of gen1 crx i cannot comment as i am yet to ever drive one. But the difference between a gen3 civic to a gen2 crx is huge in the handling department, even tho the gen2rex is heavier the gen3civic chasis and weight dont make up the total handling difference compared to the gen2crx, yet it can still be made a bloody quick car. Also if you are lucky enough to find one with a b series motor swap and brake upgrade i recomend forking out the cash for it as they are monsters. Also a little trick to make it pointy and removing understeer in the tight stuff i recomend running your front tyres 1-1.5 inches wider than the rear
    i had always thought about that... is that a universal reccomendation? how will it affect a cars handling? will it make the rear end looser? or just tighten up the front? and wont it also make turning harder? esp in a non power assisted car?

are you saying crx's outhandle civics? i just prefer the practicailty of the larger hatch section...

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    crxs in stock form will out handle a civic in stock form. Although after mods (sussy stripped brakes n shit) on both either could be better just depends how much you want to put in $$$$.
    Wider fronts on ff is a universal recomendation for a tighter track/circuit as that is were the drive is coming from it also tends to cause the rear to lighten up a little making the car more nippy/pointy (oversteer). In a car as light as a 1gencrx 3gencivic wider fronts would make turning feel a little harder as in all cars and same as ps an non ps but as the cars are so light you wouldnt notice much even with non ps.
    A good ps Example is driving a current large family car falcon/magna/comodore and then driving a 3rd gen civic non ps the civic feels lighter and and easier to steer.
    But if your at a fast track circuit (high speed corners) i would recomend even front and rear for high speed stability.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    found off g1teg.org, if you're looking to upgrade your torsion bars, the best to use are 27.5mm

trying to locate some now, but not having an easy time

question: is the wheel base for the g1 crx and gen3 civic identical? and is it the same as the 88-91 (ED) civic?
    You never go ass to mouth!

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    for the street 24mm is the best i reacon, and yes teg ones are less stiff, the wagone ones are stiffer, this is what i have.
    It is very hard to get a EFi civic in aus as they were never sold so it would have to be an import.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    CRXs were imports as well - 83-86 models. Some did come with EFi and Carby too. Mainly EFi tho.

surprised to hear teg ones are less stiff than the civic ones. CRX ones must be even less.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    fat85civic

have you lowered your civic by the adjusting nut on the wagon t-bars? andthe verdict in terms of handling/bottoming out etc
    You never go ass to mouth!

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    i resplined the t-bars so i didnt have the nut nearly falling off and it is quite abit lower than stock look on redpepperracing for how to do it, it doesnt bottom out too much but on big bumps at speed it will, soon i am going to lower the shock into the hub more so that i have like 2-3 cm more suspension travel.
    CRX t-bars should be the same as civic ones i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    thats the ONLY problem with torsion bar suspension - you have to make 'changes' like lowering the strut in the hub to get more travel when the car is too low - but they handle sweet.

if civic and crx bars are thesame then the teg ones have to be thicker...

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    they are thicker but their longer too which softens them, wagon ones are stiffer coz their slightly larger diametre but shorter.