Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    whiteline?

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    They can be made to handel very good pretty cheap. il post on monday about it whan i have time,

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    couple of things to answer

Some 'imported' civics im sure had an efi engine - otherwise with an efi system in place ZCs are fairly easy to swap - yes.

Torsion bars:

gen1 CRXs as well as Civics used quiet thin torsion bars... *cant remember but - 14mm*
    Interga torsion bars are probably the cheapest available - and swap straight in.
    Otherwise : www.redpepperracing.com does have some posts on their forums where you can buy thicker torsion bars - some even purely for racing purposes.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by kayot1k
    just as u can make anything fast as long as you have money,
    same rules apply. itll handle just as good as long as you have plenty money.
    although brand/type of suspension you buy is important also.

which cars handle best in stock form is a different story.
    I understand and respect this, I just think that honda makes good fun little cars that can be slightly improved in certain areas (as honda has done itself with each successive generation, although they have to take into account other factors- safety/economy/what the market wants) and I dont want to be spending mega dollars to make a fun handling car- otherwise I'd just buy the lotus exige in light blue and call it a day.
    Also honda has done much of the work here already- buy making engines which are easily (almost) transplanted between models.

--> Does anyone know whether the d16a8 engine swaps in? i know the d18a1 does... from the 1st gen teg. But is has less hp, is older etc. fat 85 civic- isnt this what you did? (or u used the old teggy motor...)

Quote Originally Posted by asnpsuazn
    you will be looking at changing all suspension bushings if you want it to be a thorough job. the labour and parts of this will set you back a lot in addition to the setup itself. something to keep in mind.
    Yeah. I'm looking for a manual for this model to learn more about their sussy (still confused) and would prolly buy one when/if I get the car this week. I'd figure sussy parts included new bushings- something to replace as it got older/used, just like all disposables- oil/filters etc.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR
    couple of things to answer

Some 'imported' civics im sure had an efi engine - otherwise with an efi system in place ZCs are fairly easy to swap - yes.

Torsion bars:

gen1 CRXs as well as Civics used quiet thin torsion bars... *cant remember but - 14mm*
    Interga torsion bars are probably the cheapest available - and swap straight in.
    Otherwise : www.redpepperracing.com does have some posts on their forums where you can buy thicker torsion bars - some even purely for racing purposes.
    hmm well i think im looking to start with somethin cheap to work up with... i've not seen many 3rd gens for sale...

Member Array
    Car:
    Fat85Civic swapped a D16A3 (brown top ZC) into his civic... but not sure if his civic was already EFi or not.
    How much do you want to spend on a car? maybe hold off a week or two and keep your eye out for a gen1 crx.. every couple of weeks one pops up around the place...

Member Array
    Car:
    MINT example of what is available!!! 1986 built with a 1.6 already!

only $3800!!!

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...9&model_id=344

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    stock t-bars are around 20-21mm and teg ones are actually softer than civic ones.
    My civic wasnt EFI but its really not very hard to swap over, all oy uneed to do is mount the pump and use soem rubber hose to join it all up.

To make it handle good quite cheaply all you need to do it lower it a bit, not too much or youll have no sussy travel, this costs abotu $180 as all you need is new rear springs, or you can use cut integra ones for even cheaper.

Some new shocks as the old ones will be stuffed

Weld up the rear swaybar, how to do this can be found on redpepperracing.com

and replace all the bushes, i got mine from america for $110

This is all i have done to my car for my suspension and it hanldes very well.
    Im hopeing to get a front strutbrace soon from america but it costs abit in shipping so ill have to save up.

Luke

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    84'
    sorry to hijack but what engine's swap straight into a 84' civic? does a d15b4?

thanks and again sorry for the highjack

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_85_civic
    stock t-bars are around 20-21mm and teg ones are actually softer than civic ones.
    My civic wasnt EFI but its really not very hard to swap over, all oy uneed to do is mount the pump and use soem rubber hose to join it all up.

To make it handle good quite cheaply all you need to do it lower it a bit, not too much or youll have no sussy travel, this costs abotu $180 as all you need is new rear springs, or you can use cut integra ones for even cheaper.

Some new shocks as the old ones will be stuffed

Weld up the rear swaybar, how to do this can be found on redpepperracing.com

and replace all the bushes, i got mine from america for $110

This is all i have done to my car for my suspension and it hanldes very well.
    Im hopeing to get a front strutbrace soon from america but it costs abit in shipping so ill have to save up.

Luke
    let me know when you're planning on shipping stuff, i might be in the market too, making it cheaper for us!

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR
    Fat85Civic swapped a D16A3 (brown top ZC) into his civic... but not sure if his civic was already EFi or not.
    How much do you want to spend on a car? maybe hold off a week or two and keep your eye out for a gen1 crx.. every couple of weeks one pops up around the place...
    the less the better (more accessible) but a few grand. but if i buy my unrego'd i've got something to work on now, get to rwc then rego. rego will be about 450 so if i but it for 450-500 thats less than a grand. add 300 on fixing up little bits and pieces, $xxx for a new windscreen.... and its still running. than de ricify the interior (knob/wheel/pedals) and it'll be sweet. just looking for a teg donor car- maybe a wreck from hondwreck. hmm

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_85_civic
    Luke
    Luke... are you 'sure' the teg ones are softer than the civic ones? u might be thinking of the civic wagon perhaps which are said to be thicker...

the ones available on redpepper are 24, 27 and 29mm right? 29 being the race use ones.