Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    I am after a full exhaust system including headers for my VTI-R and have looked at the following:

Apexi GT and N1, Mugen Sports Exhaust System with Headers (Don't know model ), Spoon Exhaust System, Greddy Evolution II and Street Performance, HKS Hi Power, and Fujitsubo Super Ex and Legalizr.

What are anyones views on which is the best, or best value for money, have I overlooked any? Should I consider buying the ITR headers and system? I am concerned with performance over speed.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    I think you could put it this way...getting ITR headers and system would be "bang for your buck"

Espeically if you got JDM ones

Also here's a link to the so called "Great Header test" :P based on a USDM model.
    http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Thanks,

So what sort of power increase could I expect from ITR JDM system with headers and at what cost? Is there a noticeable sound impreovement over the OEM VTI-R?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    I'm not sure.
    I know that a stock vti-r puts out roughly 80s at the wheels whereas a ITR puts out roughly 90s sooo ermm...I dunno...I'm just a 11* year old n00b

*Hi Bren ^^"

Grab a OEM JDM ITR 98 spec header if u get the chance....very nice stainless 4-1 setup , with a fat 2.5 inch collector Prob best bang-for-buck header for B series

AND ! Choose your new "header" wisely - as the most power to be gained in an exhaust system is found in the header design.

BTW header = singular IE "my car has a performance header"....
    headers = plural IE " there are many designs of headers for many cars"

i dont think replacing headers will give you much of a "sound difference".... depending on what type of muffler you get will determine most of the sound... if you get a full itr exhaust system, i think it wouldn't be very loud as standard systems arn't designed to be loud... little more restrictive due to emisson laws etc... but the itr does have a good 2" or so piping with nice mandrel bends
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    So what the pick of the systems available if I want performance and noise that is still legal

Thanks for your help

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    Standard ITR exhaust piping is 2.25" la! SS and mandrel bent but it has a restrictor in there. There is a section of piping between the 2>1 merge and the cat...this section constricts the size down to 42mm at the lowest point. I think that if you get an ITR system, best to replace that bit so that the size piping is same all the way through ??

OMG Bren help me explain better la ^^"

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza
    So what the pick of the systems available if I want performance and noise that is still legal

Thanks for your help
    Noise that is legal...AFAIK most systems are illegal lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Well I want it to be able to pass a decibel test. Do you know any info on the other systems i mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by mo
    Standard ITR exhaust piping is 2.25" la! SS and mandrel bent but it has a restrictor in there. There is a section of piping between the 2>1 merge and the cat...this section constricts the size down to 42mm at the lowest point. I think that if you get an ITR system, best to replace that bit so that the size piping is same all the way through ??

OMG Bren help me explain better la ^^"
    In logical flow - the entire piping , Cat back should follow the header collector size , and exit at the same size too.

So , for example - A JDM ITR 98 spec collector is 2.5 inch - the piping into the cat and from the car back should be 2.5inch too...with ideally a 2.5inch tip.

Dont quote me upon this tho ! Its just logical knowledge - You need to study urself or ask a pro here somewhere about acoustic dynamics etc !

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza

Thanks for your help
    Stay away from 5Zigen then...... even so...... the G/F refuses to put the silencer on. Crazy bitch!