Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT

'06 Wipers on '03 model?

Would it work? Or do I need to get the arms replaced as well? The dealer gave me a '06 model as a courtesy car last time my car was serviced, and the only thing I really liked on the '06 model was the wipers.

Yes it will work but each blade is $96 and the arm is $96 each, Which brings you close to $400 just for something that isnt really necessary.

I was thinking about that too. Curik, are you sure that you need to change the arms as well? Coz they look very similar (between the 2 models). And if the blade is $96, does it mean '06 Euros that wear out their wipers will need to fork out an extravagant $96 to replace them?
    Euro '05 Std Man

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Speaking of wipers, where can you set aftermarket wiper blades for the Euro? (pre-06 model). Reason is that the drivers side wiper is extremely long and none of the ones u can get at the shops are long enough. Last time I got the wipers replaced by Honda for $12 each. I mean it's not too bad but still a bit rich for me, when you can usually get a set for around $15 from Autobarn or K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranial
    I was thinking about that too. Curik, are you sure that you need to change the arms as well? Coz they look very similar (between the 2 models). And if the blade is $96, does it mean '06 Euros that wear out their wipers will need to fork out an extravagant $96 to replace them?
    Nope, you gotta replace everything as changing the blades only wont improve anything even though the 06 blades can fit the 05/04 (but you still can see the high ass arms sticking on your windshield). I am positive since a member in acurazine did the swap. To replace the wiper inserts, the 06 blades actually have standard inserts, you just replace these for like $20 like any other wipers. The blade is just a container to retain the inserts after all.

Here is the guy from acurazine who did the swap: http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=534835

And here is the picture of 06 and 04 arms together:

Last edited by curik; 07-08-2006 at 12:12 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Hi.

Just wondering if someone can fill me in on the difference between the wipers on the 03 compared to the 06????

Cheers.
    Tim.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Quote Originally Posted by 15NVD
    Hi.

Just wondering if someone can fill me in on the difference between the wipers on the 03 compared to the 06????

Cheers.
    Tim.
    The '03 wipers are just your garden variety wipers. They don't push down very well in the wind and tend to be squeaky after a while. The '06 wipers are so-called reflex wipers. They work better with heavy rain/snow/ice and is aerodynamically better. My personal experience is that they're also much quieter as well.

But $400 is probably a bit too much for just quieter wipers..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Oh ok, yeah that is a bit to make them a bit quieter.

This is no hidden secret as everyone already knows, my wipers were a little squeaky but i polished the windscreen saturday morning and now the wipers make no noise at all. a huge improvment. might save you $400

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by 15NVD
    Oh ok, yeah that is a bit to make them a bit quieter.

This is no hidden secret as everyone already knows, my wipers were a little squeaky but i polished the windscreen saturday morning and now the wipers make no noise at all. a huge improvment. might save you $400
    one other thing which you might try is to use bosch wipers.. they might be hard to find, though..

based on experience, bosch ones tend to judder and squeak less than other brands.. they do judder, but not that much

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugoid
    Speaking of wipers, where can you set aftermarket wiper blades for the Euro? (pre-06 model). Reason is that the drivers side wiper is extremely long and none of the ones u can get at the shops are long enough. Last time I got the wipers replaced by Honda for $12 each. I mean it's not too bad but still a bit rich for me, when you can usually get a set for around $15 from Autobarn or K-mart.
    I use PIAA wipers. They make them in the size that we need. The short ones are 16" (400mm) and are 6mm wide. The long ones are 26" (650mm) and 8mm wide. PIAA sells the blades in individual packs, so you can get 1 of each width. If you buy other brands, you'll have to get 2 pairs to get the matching widths unless you are going for those universal ones with 6 and 8mm mount rails (and are terrible at keeping even pressure).
    Last edited by aaronng; 08-08-2006 at 01:27 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    I use PIAA wipers. They make them in the size that we need. The short ones are 16" (400mm) and are 6mm wide. The long ones are 26" (650mm) and 8mm wide. The different widths mean you have to buy 2 sets unless you are going for those universal ones with 6 and 8mm mount rails (and are terrible at keeping even pressure).
    I thought you are using your fur for your wiper inserts. Maybe as effective as your PIAAs

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by curik
    I thought you are using your fur for your wiper inserts. Maybe as effective as your PIAAs
    No, my fur is for the window felt. LOL
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2