Thread: D16a on Boost

Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a

Arrow D16a on Boost

Hey gyz ive dug up a D16a tubo from a CRX just wondering wot the engines handle the boost like?.. its apparently had a bit of internal work done i don't know wot, wondered weather there prone to any problems, gearbox etc being turbo?..
    The engines not in the car so i can't test drive it the bloke just wants to get rid of it.. any rough ideas wot its worth?.. he hasn't seta rock price yet..
    oh..
    i do know he said its runnin bout 8pound .. It's for a ED Civic so should fly =) Cheers

your question is just too big... D16a's generally run well with boost.. depending on parts and tune.
    Well since its apparently got some internal works on it... it would be best if you ask that person whats exactly been done to the motor... Also we cant value a motor for you... it all depends on whats inside that motor and whats been done to it... or what comes with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    if the motor has been modified internally, but it isn't known what, I wouldn't consider it safe to boost personally. For all you know it could have high comp n/a pistons in it that would cause serious problems with a turbo set up, etc.

From what ive read up on peoples experiences Most D series EFI setups run well on low boost for every day driving. You have to open up the head and more importantly the bottom end to run more boost and bigger numbers tho ( applicable to all aftermarket turbo charging concepts.)
    All gearbox / clutch / driveshafts etc etc are going to be under more strain due to more power applied than stock
    As said above tho , if the internal condition / compression is unknown its not safe to apply a turbo kit without knowning the conpression ratio etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Engine: Done 16000 K's
    Turbocharged 1.6ltr D16A Honda Engine, 38mm T28 BB Turbo + External waste gate. Front mount Intercooler. custom piping .Sard BOV with soft or hard settings. 2 1/2 cat back exhaust. Gear box with short shift. Port and polished head. new , gaskets, pistons and turbo piston heads (z1). Sard fuel regulator. Oil catch can..( engine can take more boost, has been dyno'd with 194+kwts @ 14 Psi.
    $6000 -- NOW $4000.. MUST GO !!!!...

this is the guys original post 6k :P whoa.... i dont no much bout it but thats wathes claiming

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    pistons and turbo piston heads?