Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6

(em1)eibach pro kit vs tein s tech

which do you think is better to suit an em1 either tein s tech or eibach pro kit
    and i cant afford coil overs so pls dont suggest it?
    the only thing i think better with the tein is that they drop lower do you agree

Well I'm assuming you will be running stock shocks right? So in that case, i would suggest getting the pro-kit. Not only will it be more practical to drive on, it is highly regarded in terms of materials and ride quality, it will not stress out suspension components as much as the S-Techs (too low), it will probably give u more use out of your stock shocks before they blow (which they will anyway since ur lowering on stockers).

My advice is to get a set of sports non-adjustable shocks and run the pro-kits. Not only will you have done it correctly the first time, you will also be able to run other springs on these as they are designed to run at a lower ride height.

anything else, ask away.

edit: There are also fake S-Techs floating on the market as well. go to www.tein.com to read about it.
    Last edited by SiReal; 08-08-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    advise taken eibach for tomas thankyou for the info
    Last edited by turbo convert; 08-08-2006 at 05:25 PM.

yeah, i reckon pro-kit aswell, but if you are getting aftermarket shocks, look at a ground control sleeve kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    Quote Originally Posted by chef_32
    yeah, i reckon pro-kit aswell, but if you are getting aftermarket shocks, look at a ground control sleeve kit.
    what is this ground control sleeve kit,
    well i put the prokit in and i am very happy, the ride is perfect just a little firmer than standard, the front is lowered to perfection however mayb the rear sits a fraction too high but all up very happy

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=518/CA=71

its a kit that uses a colover sleeve on conventional shocks so that height adjustment is available. They use Eibach springs, the rates of which can be customised upon request.

I'm opting for these over pro-kit cos you can corner balance with these which i'll need cos my weight makes the car lean a bit to the right.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    so i think i understand but here goes,
    i have my eibach springs in as i do, then i get this coilover sleeve which compress' the spring to the desired height?
    OR
    is this the spring itself in which case is useless to me as i already have eibach pro kit in which iam happy with the only minor disappointment is the ass still sits just a bit to high, but no biggie
    see my intentions was when shocks start to wear just replace with adjutables so i can lower the ass a tad to b same ehight as the front
    Quote Originally Posted by chef_32
    http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=518/CA=71

its a kit that uses a colover sleeve on conventional shocks so that height adjustment is available. They use Eibach springs, the rates of which can be customised upon request.

I'm opting for these over pro-kit cos you can corner balance with these which i'll need cos my weight makes the car lean a bit to the right.
    Last edited by turbo convert; 15-08-2006 at 05:43 PM.

GCS are for fine tuning of height, but use them with caution imo, The spring rates will change. I have heard nothing but bad things about these.

Prokits were made for one reason only, to lower 1.5". If you wanted to lower more, you would buy another set of springs. simple as that. But i guess, if its a tad, then you should be right.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    ah thanks for that i think i will just wait till i get shocks and lower it a tad at back with the adjustable konis