Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof Scoop

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty

Roof Scoop

and ..

any1 know how to install a roof scoop - i wan put one on my eg sedan - to make it look prettier lol,

but do i need to cut d roof? and is it illegal?

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic GLi (Turbo)
    You don't need to cut the roof if you are just putting it on for the RICE factor...But if you want it to actually do more than get laughed at, you will need to cut the roof, and chat to an engineer before you do it. The roof is a structural part of the car and is not meant to be cut...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    you're openeing a whole new can of worms in terms of water/rain leaks if u cut a hole in the roof.. roof scoops are great on NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND.. leave them there IMO.

Member Array
    even if u dont cut a hole in the roof
    imagine the amount of dirt/mud build up
    just asking for rust!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    stupidest thing i ever saw was a WRX with a bonnet scoop and a roof scoop that lead to nowhere.. stay far away!!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 4DR 2009
    something different i guess

please dont do it
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Quote Originally Posted by shinji112
    stupidest thing i ever saw was a WRX with a bonnet scoop and a roof scoop that lead to nowhere.. stay far away!!
    These "roof scoops" are actually vents, common in rally cars for ventilation cause they drive with the windows up especially on dirt (gets very dusty - and also to a some extent, for aerodynamics).

I like the look especially on the WRX, but if it leads to nowhere, then its a wank factor.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    Quote Originally Posted by shinji112
    what are u on about??? the bonnet scoop on a wrx is not a wank factor it fro the top mount intercooler

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    yeah i know they come stock standard.. but to have 2 scoops is overkill

Quote Originally Posted by e240
    These "roof scoops" are actually vents, common in rally cars for ventilation cause they drive with the windows up especially on dirt (gets very dusty - and also to a some extent, for aerodynamics).

I like the look especially on the WRX, but if it leads to nowhere, then its a wank factor.
    The roof ones won't lead to anywhere, unless it is actually a rally car, so 99.99% are wank factor
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    each to their own, if the guy likes havin two scoops theres nothin wrong with that.
    just because u dont like it there is no reason to flame them for it, the modifying world would be very boring if all the cars looked the same