Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Vti 2006 auto

What petrol do honda use when they state fuel comsumption test?

well, i thought i read it somewhere, however i can't find it anymore.

i want to know for 2006 vti honda civic, does honda use normal 91ron petrol or premium or 98ron or something else to test fuel consumption ?

thanks.

also, i know in sa, 98 ron is about 10cents more expansive than normal 91ron, so does 98ron give extra milage? extra performance? extra power? if so, by how much? i mostly interested in milage. i am worried about my new car fuel consumption everyday, lol, i even keep a log book about the milage vs fuel blocks.

at the moment, they are almost a perfect linear relationship, which uses 12L/100km which WORRIES me so much.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    how long have u had ur civic for? guess ur engine is still breaking in.. and in which is more than likely to have higher fuel consumption than usual. regard of the type of petrol they put for mileage, i am not the expert but i'd say they are using the lowest rating of petrol that is accept to the model. so 91 Ron for Civic, 95 Ron for Euro and MDX etc etc.
    in terms of putting higher grade of petrol for Civic, there might be some improvement on performance and better mileage. but IMO your right foot is the most direct solution. if you vtec all the time.. u will not get a good mileage, if u drive like a granny, u'd definitely get a better milage. there might be like 1-2 hp gain in performance and which is like next to none. but take in mind that higher Ron petrol can help to clean the engine as it burns better.

the 12l/100km sounds like u r doing city drivings only? have u had any chance to run on the freeway to see if the figure will improve?

our euro does around 12.5l/100km in city and around 7.5l-9l/100km combined.

i can assure they will just get better and better once the engine breaks in fully.!

Member Array
    Car:
    lol i never pass 2k rpm when accelerating, about 1.5k rpm when driving around 60k/h

although it is city driving, but there is no traffic, hardly any traffic light, only 2 during the whole way, 1 of them is even very short, like 10 sec max red light.

so i don't understand y. besides my ratio of milage and fuel blocks are so linear, almost a straight line. if my engine gets better, it will be more like a curve.

edit: i don't even know what vtec kick in feel like, but i heard u need to pass 5k rpm which sound scary to me. lol i am the man who obey all the traffic rules. haha

I work in a new car dealership, and I know first hand its bloody hard work trying to get the fuel consumption's they claim.
    All the ones displayed are a combined city/highway drive aswell, so without that highway stint, it might bump yours up.
    In the tests, they would use the reccomended fuel from the supplier, which you should find on the inside of your fuel lid.
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    it recommend 91 RON unleaded.

oh well, i have to wait till i finish my 1000k first. one big plus for this civic was its fuel consumption, thought it uses petrol like 1.5L with 2.0L performace, but man, how wrong am i

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    well buy an manual if u wanna save on petrol..or a jazz :P you cant have everything hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    lol manual is not an option, cos i only learned auto, also none of the family had a manual.

besides, don't think everyday work-home car will be fun with a manual which can be stuck with traffic.

jazz? lol i rather get a yaris. god bless me on fuel consumption, lol

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    lol.. u r not even reach the 1000km point...
    there's still a bit of way ahead of you.....
    an engine would normally breaks in at around 4k to 5 k km figure...
    after the 1000k service, give it more chances to run of highways....
    i am sure u will more amzed at the consumption figures...
    good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by jamchen
    lol.. u r not even reach the 1000km point...
    there's still a bit of way ahead of you.....
    an engine would normally breaks in at around 4k to 5 k km figure...
    after the 1000k service, give it more chances to run of highways....
    i am sure u will more amzed at the consumption figures...
    good luck

ya, i know that, thanks, but i just hope my engine is rdy NOW. haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6-L
    First of all, you will almost never match the fuel comsumption figures given by the manufacturers. Why? because they simulate some short city cycles, followed by a 20 minute freeway cycle and then combine the two figures placing more emphasis on the freeway cycle.

Secondly, give your car at least 5000km. My friend bought a Rav4 and during the first several thousand kilometers the car was going through 16L/100km. I think now its going through about 12L/100km.

Lastly, there is no set rule as to how much of a performance or mileage gain you'd get from using 98ron. Some people claim to get an extra 50km from a tank, others claimed an extra 100km per tank and then you have people like me who saw absolutely no mileage benefits whatsoever. At first I thought I was getting an extra 75-100km per tank but I'm putting it down to increased tyre pressure since I had also increased the tyre pressure and was getting the same results when I switched back to 91.
    If you do decide to switch to 98, try it for about a month before you make a judgement.

PS, if you are worried about fuel consumption then I suggest you sell the Civic and get a Prius. An imported Prius would set you back around $12,000.

Member Array
    Car:
    lol i love my honda, never never trade it.

anyway, a bit OT here, but how does prius work? since from physics point of view, the total energy has to come from petrol, so how can prius save so much petrol? doesn't the electricity generate from the petrol anyway?

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    i get like 520kms on my celica sx 2000, on 98 octane, my civic gets shit all kms