Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    ...... um dude, he posted cam specs in post #1. if you can't tell how many valves are in an engine by looking at cam specs... you shouldn't say "I'm assuming"

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    you must be stupid. hondas have 3 lobes like every other lift controlled engine out there... but we have 2 valves. Learn ur shit b4 u make urself look stupid. the nissan motor may have 5 valves per cylinder. who knows

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    serious man, if you haven't figured out by now that the there's a primary, secondary and vtec lobe and that dohc vtec engines are 4 valves per cylinder, then you have no place posting in this forum.
    Last edited by yourfather; 19-11-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    2 vavles for intake moron. and dohc cams having 4 valves is another stupid statement to make. I dont know if this still applies but going back maybe 5-6 years ago, i did a head on a yamaha. 5 valves per cyl, dohc. 3 intakes 2 exhaust
    and what does 3 lobes on a cam have anything to do with what my question was??

like i said b4... do ur research b4 u make urself look stupid

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    um, there's two camshafts, so actually, there's an intake and exhaust cam.

both have three lobes per camshaft, and there's two cams per cylinder. that is why it is called double overhead cam. 2 intake valves, 2 exhaust valves...

.................................................. .......................

and your post didn't ASK a question.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_screen View Post
    2 vavles for intake moron. and dohc cams having 4 valves is another stupid statement to make. I dont know if this still applies but going back maybe 5-6 years ago, i did a head on a yamaha. 5 valves per cyl, dohc. 3 intakes 2 exhaust
    and what does 3 lobes on a cam have anything to do with what my question was??

like i said b4... do ur research b4 u make urself look stupid
    Engines with variable lift have 2 intake valves because there isn't space to locate a high lift camlobe if you require 3 low lift lobes to drive the 3 intake valves.

Yamaha's 5 valve engines, including Toyota's 4A-GE 20V don't come with variable lift.

Since the Nissan engine in question is a VVL, then it would be 4 valve.

Even Ferrari, who used 5 valves per cylinder in the F355 has gone back to 4 valves in the F430 because they are using variable lift in it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    of course aaronng knows whats going on.. atleast he has a clue

yes the yamaha didnt have variable lift because ur right.. space would b very tight indeed. Now that i know for sure the Nissan has 4 valves, u couldnt run low and high at the same time because they all run the same intake valves. Meaning once the high cam is engaged the low cams dont do anything at all.

Im glad u know whats going on dude, unlike the other guy

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    he told you in a nice way to stfu silver_screen.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I don't care who started this fight, but the both of you better pipe down, otherwise I'll lock this thread to cool things down.

Yourfather, stop egging him on.
    Last edited by aaronng; 19-11-2006 at 06:14 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_screen View Post
    Im assuming that its a 4valve per cylinder engine just like all the other sr20s... I read that u were sayin something about running on just the high lobe?? My impression (havent seen a sr20vet yet) was that the rocker arm is locked into place via oil pressures or electrically to ride the hi cam... which means that ur low lobe isnt connected.. the hi lobe moves 2 intake valves to let air in.. having the smaller lobes runnin wouldnt work because they move the same 2 valves... plus once runnin on the hi cam the small lobes wouldnt b able to touch the rocker arm regardless. What turbo r u thinkin of using?? I was goin to run a GT30R turbo on my last NORMAL sr20 and that wouldve made plenty boost well before 7k... I havent had much tuning experiance but turbo selections and engine buildings i do pretty much every @ work and at home... stock cam profiles r kinda nice too lol
    An SR20VET is actually a lot like a B16A VTEC engine but 2 litres and with factory boost. NEO VVL is Nissan version of VTEC.

I am already running a GT42R which with the drive by wire throttle body is proving to make the car exciting to drive, especially with a welded diff I am trying to get enough traction to get it tuned for 23psi soon but a forced holiday from driving means testing has been put off until next month

I have a GT30 on my X-Trail which has a SR20VET motor from factory and it spools hard below 3000rpm without a problem.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    hahah yer GT30s on sr's rock He can stir all he wants dude. end of the day i know my shit because i have to and he can only guess and get it wrong anywayz hahah

GT42R.. thats rather large for a tiny motor im gonna run one of those on my rotor or maybe 2

Whats a stock SR20VET make??? im expecting it make more than the DET... as much as the GTiR one thou?

u know what... tell me everything about this engine
    Last edited by silver_screen; 19-11-2006 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Kept thinkin shit up lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    On 6psi(ECU controleld boost), the SR20VET makes 206Kw(280PS or 276HP) stock@flywheel at 6400rpm, using a GT28. More importantly, it makes 309Nm of torque@3200rpm! The VET motor has 9.1:1 compression stock. It is horribly detuned from the factory as well, as it is mated to a 4 speed CVT 4WD transmission.

GTiR needs 10.5psi to make less than 180Kw@flwywheel and only 8.3:1 compression stock.

The only problem with the SR20VET engine is that they are as rare as hens teeth. Last time on sold in America, it was around US$10,000...

My X-Trail GT is pumping out 254Kw@all four wheels so these motors do have a lot of potential. The low lobe actually allows the VET motor to spool up much bigger turbos. Here is some X-Trail GT footage:
    CVT Auto in 2nd Gear
    http://www.users.on.net/~noelsilv/au...rail_GT_2.mpeg
    CVT Auto in Drive
    http://www.users.on.net/~noelsilv/au...rail_GT_D.mpeg
    Notice in drive it does the 0~100Km/h sprint in under 6 seconds and that is STOCK!

Had bandwidth problems with the project cars video, will get it fixed soon or just upload one of the newer videos.
    Last edited by iamhappy46; 20-11-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS