Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado

Clunking from Auto tranny

Just wondering if anyone else with an auto Euro has heard clucking from their transmission? It mainly occurs when going into reverse but for the first time yesterday I heard it on a down shift. The gear was in D (not manual +/-) so it was an ECU controlled downshift as I approached a red light.
    I have red lined it a few times by mistake when using manual shifting and vtec'ing my ass off . I hope I haven't damaged my tranny.

how are your tranny fuild levels? maybe check to see if its nice and clean and up on the mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Replace the tranny fluid with Honda ATF and see how that goes
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Shall do. It was only serviced 2500km's ago (20K service) so they should be ok but I'll check. Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux.
    No matter how many times u hit the limiter you should never break the auto tranny - a manual maybe if your are flat shifting but not the auto.... Take it back to honda for a look see and get it checked under warranty but it might be a good idea to wait untill it does it a little more often so the problem is repeatable... It doesn't sound like too much of a problem as all of the falcons i have driven (including a BA XR6 Turbo) had clunky slushboxes... I have never encounted the problem my auto euro thou.

The limiter is there for a reason

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    clucking auto tranny is common in honda cars...
    both our euro and MDX... it only happens when u shift into reverse or from,...
    but there's nothing to worry about..

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I cheked my fluid levels today and they are about 70% between the high and low range. The manual says it should be between but is it better to be 100% full?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yes you would want the oil to be at the MAX level. But be sure to keep the car level on the ground rather than jacked up, since jacking up the car can cause an incorrect Max level reading.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Any1 know what Honda FEO Oil and Transmission fluid is worth to buy over the counter?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    honda is actually quite strict on the ATF u put...
    use honda ATF to avoid possible failures... or if u do... u would get some back up..
    i've heard somewhere else that the design of honda trannys is a bit different and that's why some aftermarket tranny oil companies don't provide ATF for honda cars...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ I agree.

BTW, call around the various dealers for prices.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Shall do. Both Honda dealers on the Gold Coast are owned by the 1 company so I'll just go to the closest as I'd imagine the price would be the same