Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav

Replacement Tyre Suggestions

I have now done 70000ks on my 03 Euro and its time for new tyres on the back. The Original Dunlops (3050 ???) lasted 50000ks and I put two Dunlop Direzza on the Front & 2 Yokohama V550 on the back.
    The Yokohamas have worn out in 20000k of highway driving ( allways on the back) and the Direzzas on the front are still good.
    Obviously the Yokohamas are total rubish so I was just wondering what other people would suggest for a good all round tyre.
    I see a few people here mention Yokohama C drive. I would be reluctant to buy Yokohamas again after my experience with the V550's

semi-slicks! jk. Here is a really good source of tyres. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp how about dunlop SP sport maxx?
    Last edited by curik; 12-08-2006 at 01:17 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav
    That link is interesting; shows most Yokohamas as being poor for tread wear which is something I didnt know. Dunlops look to be pretty good for tread wear. Obviously there is a fine line between performance and tread wear but surely you can have both.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux.
    Yoko's have always been very soft and poor wearing tyre in my experiance... they smoke up good thou

The Brigestones that come stocker on the euro lux arn't too bad but i will be looking to a set of dunlops if i keep the current size wheels!!!

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    pirelli dragon (?) seems to be good performing, with high treadwear rate. EuroAccord13 got it and he said it's good. Treadwear better than my goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3.

of course this depends on your budget and car use.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yep the Yoko C-Drives are awesome

Out of the ten or so tyres i've had on my Civic+Euro, the Dunlop Formula's and C-Drives are at the top.

And the Dunlop SP2050's and Dunlop LeMans, are at the bottom.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav
    I cant see Dunlop Formulas on the Dunlop internet sight, are they a discontinued model ???

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yes they are discontinued. I'm not sure which model replaced them
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav
    I have ordered the Pirelli Dragons and will report back after 10000k

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by falco
    I have ordered the Pirelli Dragons and will report back after 10000k
    I have Pirelli Dragons, done almost 20000kms, been to 2 Drag meets and still looking good, Good wear rate (350/400)... I think my review is on the tyre thread recommendation guide or in one reply I made to a thread...
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 18-08-2006 at 12:01 AM.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    I have Pirelli Dragons, done almost 20000kms, been to 2 Drag meets and still looking good, Good wear rate (350/400)... I think my review is on the tyre thread recommendation guide or in one of my replysto a thread...
    Wow - still good tread after 20k? Not bad.

Remember those Falken 512s I used to have? They were nackered after 25k. The new Dunlops I have are much better wearing.