Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige

quick exhaust question

hey guys,

quick question....atm im running a buddy club spec 3 exhaust but im selling it to try out something different. the BC runs 2.5" with a fairly large looking resonator piping from the CAT to the Cannon. the cannon i think has a 3" inlet.

I was planning on trying this out, getting a muffler ie tanabe gold medallion or something similar with 2.5" inlet, and just getting the exhaust shop to make me up a custom B pipe 2.5" but with no resonator. The muffler itself would be considerably quiter than the cannon would. Just curious if this would work,

-would i lose power
    -would the car be drony or farty without the resonator in the b pipe
    -would it be louder than my BC.

thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    friend had a tanabe power medallion on his civic with custom b-pipe, no resonator, car had a metal pinging noise at high revs, sounded weird. with resonator, sound was deeper and still quiet

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by nipnip
    friend had a tanabe power medallion on his civic with custom b-pipe, no resonator, car had a metal pinging noise at high revs, sounded weird. with resonator, sound was deeper and still quiet
    hahaha man cut i missed out on ur muffler. trying to get it off the new owner rofl...

when u say pinging do u mean like a hollow rattly sound??????? sorta like nicos nsx..

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    ive got a custom stainless on my car 2.5in mandrel with canon and no resenator, down low till 4-4.5k it is extremly deep and punchy, then above that this pingy buzz appears due to no resenators but i like the sound its crazy loud and suprises everyone... yes it sounds very similar to the nsx sounds like on the car dvd's when they go through tunnels!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.
    hahaha man cut i missed out on ur muffler. trying to get it off the new owner rofl...

when u say pinging do u mean like a hollow rattly sound??????? sorta like nicos nsx..
    yeh like nico's nsx at low revs

it'll sound very rippy (if u get me), it wont sound deep or anything.

the pitch of the exhaust will be alot louder, sounds kinda hollow and echo-ey, and imo it sounds heaps aggressive.

had a straight thru no muffler or resonator on my mini cooper s, and it sounded like a monster even on low revs or idle.

a resonators job is to make it less droney, and deeper, and it kinda helps with db's as well. without it, it will definately be louder.

if u wanna test out what it sounds like, just unbolt ur cat back exhaust system, then start it up. it'll give u an idea (if u leave it running too long, your under carridge would most probably be pretty black/dirty.
    Last edited by BRU51N; 15-08-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKONE
    the pingy noise is like modena exhaust. ehe

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    how can we make our cars sound like nico's ? lol
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige