Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4

Turbo or Upgrade?? That is the Question!!

Hey all,

currently had my GSi for about two years and whilst she has been solid as a rock, i wouldnt mind something a bit more fun.

If I was to upgrade I would think DC2R at least but not sure if maybe I should spend the extra5-10G's and turbo my beast. The GSi is no VTir or type R but it does like to rev and that combined with turbs would be good im sure. The other point is I dont want the thing to fall apart and I dont want to sell up within 6 months of the upgrade as I have seen done on these forums..

Any advice or opinions?? I also want to put some new seats in her like recaros or the SSCUS ones from ink performance...

AHHH Decisions decisions!!!!!!!

seventwozero
    Turbo Turbo Turbo!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4
    man thats some quick response... Any reason why you say Turbs??

If your gonna keep the car for a while then turbo....Also if its all about straight line speed turbo....if its about cornering and handle. sell or upgrade cornering handling
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4
    yeah If I upgrade I would like to keep it for a while, and upgrade suspension for better cornering ability. Its not all about straight line but some significant improvement would be great, maybe 140-150 kw atw. With the Integras light weight this would be real quick and still handle well..

But more the point it still needs to be a reliable daily driver..

seventwozero
    If you like to have a sniff on the streets and get respect than why not.

I strongly suggest definite upgrades to suspension if you want to keep this handling decently if its turbo charged.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    No turbo, you will always get more problems and likely to break more things, traction on your car will be poor too, also when it comes to sell your car it becomes an absolute nightmare as most ppl don’t like aftermarket turobed cars, there are too many examples on this forum and other places.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by seventwozero
    If you like to have a sniff on the streets and get respect than why not.
    Nicely put mate.. I'd definately keep the GSi badges and give a rexy or two a run for their money.. all within the rules of the road of course

I do worry about axle tramp tho, gets bad even now when I launch it hard..

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii
    No turbo, you will always get more problems and likely to break more things, traction on your car will be poor too, also when it comes to sell your car it becomes an absolute nightmare as most ppl don’t like aftermarket turobed cars, there are too many examples on this forum and other places.
    I appreciate your honesty mate.. Ill consider all the options and I have thought about that point a lot. Thats why I would have to keep the car for at least a couple more years if I was to go turbo.. May not be worth it

may be better to jump into an R or WRX, not sure that I want to leave the Honda Family tho..

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Do whatever pleases yourself.

1st question u need to ask yourself and answer b4 doin anything else is "How long am I going to keep this car?"

People have stated most of the pros and cons for turboing ur teg.
    Realistically, its smarter to jst upgrade to a better car, as it is easier to sell a near stock car, and u wont lose as much money.

However, in sayin that, if a turbo teg is wat u want, then do it. Regardless of money, it will make you happy, so no regrets.

I can vouch, from 1st hand experience, that driving a turbo gsi is a lot of fun, and isnt as bad/scary as it is made out to be by a lot of ppl.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    i would say upgrade. A dc2R will be a nice upgrade if you decdie to get one. Overall a dc2r will shit all over dc4, handling, power and etc.

Nothing beats a stock car.