Member Array
    Car:
    EK4

popping sounds from speakers

anyone know what the popping sounds from the speakers mean ?
    bad earthing etc??

just today, i stop getting sounds from my speakers out of no where.
    now i get popping sounds from the speakers every few seconds or so, even with volume on zero.

any help would be great.

p.s i dont think my speakers are blown cus i dont ever raise the volume that loud enough.

regards

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 integra coupe
    i think either your positive or negative wire is coming off its hook. i had similar noises, but i didnt' actually get any sound out of any of the speakers, only the sub worked, cut the connection as such. Is it playing music? cos if so -ignore me.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    nah its not playing any music.
    im pretty certain no loose wiring.
    i thought the rca cables were loose but double checked them still in tight.

im not getting any music atm, just popping sounds pretty loud too at zero volume.

Member Array
    Car:
    Former Jazz
    Are you running your speakers off an amp? If so, it is highly likely that your amp needs rework i.e. re-soldering of the circuit board. I had a similar problem due to the fact that I had a made-in-china "American" brand amp and it basically died within a year. Changed it to a more higher end amp and it's all good.

Otherwise it may be an earthing problem - change the earthing cable to a bigger cable and make sure the earthing point is 100% metal i.e. scrap off all the paint that could prevent the current passing through. May also consider upgrading the earth around the battery.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    earthing problem. if u got no music playing and u rev ur car does the popping get louder kinda?
    whats an internet?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 integra coupe
    If the speakers aren't on an amp, if they're straight off the HU - then take out the HU, and undo the 8 wires, one at a time, you'll find the culperate cos the music will play once that speaker which is faulty isn't hooked up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    yeh i think it might be the amp actually.
    im running alpine amps atm. might of gotten damaged by water im thinking, but its working again, i mean music is playing again which i think im very lucky.
    just gotta make sure it doesnt get wet again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Former Jazz
    If the sound persists I would suggest you just fit in another amp it be sure that it is coming from the original amp. A broken-down amp can cause considerable damage to your speakers so I wouldn't keep using it. It may be a matter of a few bumps on the road before your amp starts popping again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I would check the fuses on the Amp and Head Unit.
    .© ♪