Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai
    wtf that's some strange shit. doesn't sportivo engine make the same power as B18CR anyways? But just as a side note, that engine in the pic looks to me like a B16. Perhaps a frankenstyn. Intake manifold is B16.
    They make the same peak power, but because the 2zz-ge doesn't have polished and balanced internals, there is less torque produced below high cam when compared to the b18c7. When you compare them both, the b18c7 is more flexible and responsive throughout the entire rpm range when compared to the 2zz-ge. Those who so fanatically love the vtec kick should try the 2zz-ge. The kick is very very strong. It's like transforming from a Barina to a DC5R in 1 second. Nice experience and fun, but in the end it is slow if below 6000rpm.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    lol. why not just buy a honda? not logical..
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda Enthusiast

But remember, VTEC is unique and oh so powerful!

I got a friend that drives BMW z4...he says...when racing (on the track) with a honda...when VTEC kicks in...forget it...VTEC is way too powerful!
    lol, thats good sarcasm... neway, it does seem liek a sorta strange conversion to undertake but he wanted to do it so good for him

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    just becos there is a jacked up car sitting next to a vtec, it doesn't mean the engine is going into that car...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    so whats the point of this thread then?
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    you guys should be flattered. at least they give A LOT of credit to Hondas where its due in that thread.

1-2 gear shift in a tsport for those of you who haven't driven one is a MASSIVE downfall for that car/engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    true. . . now i feel bad. lol
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26
    you guys should be flattered. at least they give A LOT of credit to Hondas where its due in that thread.

1-2 gear shift in a tsport for those of you who haven't driven one is a MASSIVE downfall for that car/engine.
    Yup. Above 6000rpm, you can't even enter 2nd. As it gets worse, the RPM at which you are locked out of 2nd goes lower. My neighbour fixed his by getting a clutch pressure plate replacement. But he says the gearshift feel is still no where near my car (which I let him drive).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Yup. Above 6000rpm, you can't even enter 2nd. As it gets worse, the RPM at which you are locked out of 2nd goes lower. My neighbour fixed his by getting a clutch pressure plate replacement. But he says the gearshift feel is still no where near my car (which I let him drive).
    Takes practice man. With a clutch adjustment I can land lift on all gears. 1st to 2nd @ 8,000rpm requires backhand shifting (the stick needs to go slightly to the left as the gates are angled...weird I know). Took me ages before I could do all of that though. Sure teaches you how to quickshift :|. The 2zz's aren't very driver friendly but once you get the hang of them they're fun to drive hehe. Can't wait to get an HD clutch either, will be easier even more then.

PS: Honda respect

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    hey badboyz, is that guy for real? Plus let them know it doesn't look like a b18CR. Wrong intake manifold and oil cap is not a Type R one.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    will definately be an intersting swap. kinda the FWD equivalent to the F20C AE86 swap lol

looks like a EK B16a2 with a red cam cover