Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    jdm Prelude

Lowering, is -45mm enough?? anyone have pics

hey im lowering my rpelude and have been quoted for custom springs as noone seems to stock prelude springs with a 45mm drop, i want it to sit nice and was thinkng of a 45-50mm drop i want the gaurds just on the tyre, anyone have any photos of any preludes with a drop like this??

45-50mm - that's about 2-2.5in I think. That's what King super-lows drop.

Try Kmac, or King Springs.

If they don't have them for your car, I'm sure if you contacted them they would be able to supply you with a set for your car, and the desired drop in height.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    jdm Prelude
    They dont make anythin but Lows for preludes, as ive been told by several suspension places

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    45mm-50mm is 1.5" to 2"

just to verfiy which prelude u have

i had a 5th gen and kings only have lows which is a 1" drop. i went for jumbos that did 2" all right and the guards werent on the tyres. still around 2cm off the tyres. u can stick a bit over 1 finger in between guards and tyres

^ 50mm = 2" 45mm > 1.5"

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    wot model/yr prelude mate?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    jdm Prelude
    hey its a 4th gen, jumbo's? never heard fo them, i would like it sittin on the tyre, i have 17's on it
    thanks guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra
    i had trouble getting mine low.

i have 18s and 2" springs. its a 5th gen. the guards are still a bit from the tyres but you cant fit a coke can underneath my car.

in general preludes were made with high wheel arches..

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    jumbo allsprings

its not as popular as kings but its still quite a good spring. very soft springs though which isnt very good for a heavy car like my old 5th gen

dunno how they'll perform on a 4th gen

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 94
    please don't go past 2" as its just unbearable to drive. i've droped mine 3" at the front at 2.5 at the rear. i hate it.. LOL, sooo much pain. looks good but no way drivable.. =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    jdm Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    please don't go past 2" as its just unbearable to drive. i've droped mine 3" at the front at 2.5 at the rear. i hate it.. LOL, sooo much pain. looks good but no way drivable.. =)
    have you got any pic's as id love to see how it looks, what springs are you using?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 94
    its lowered on pedder springs. but i didn't like the initial 1.5" drop cause it left a gap so i asked to compress the springs! regret.. shoulda left it on the 1.5" drop. very smooth.