Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Supercar V8s at Tsukuba?

Just wondering if these Aussie V8 supercars have ever been at Tsukuba?

If they have what times did they do?
    And if they haven't, has anyone ever made a guesstimate of what they'd do?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    i highly doubt. the V8's have only got so far as Shanghai so far. and thats only been in the past couple of years.
    they prob wouldnt clock an overly impressive time as its a pretty tight circuit for the most part, and while i dont want to sound anti domestic they arent known for their handling prowess when compared alongside other cars on the international racing scene.
    Last edited by sivic; 26-08-2006 at 09:21 PM.

im guessing with no restrictions on tyres, aerodynamics or power, then a sub 1 min run is possible.

im just having an guessing here

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sivic
    they prob wouldnt clock an overly impressive time as its a pretty tight circuit for the most part, and while i dont want to sound anti domestic they arent known for their handling prowess when compared alongside other cars on the international racing scene.
    V8 Supercars turn very well. And no, they don't use Commodore or Falcon chassis. They use tubular space frames. Even the engine has very little in common with the domestics other than being a V8 and running on petrol. If V8 supercars can ever "afford" to pay to run at Tsukuba, it would be nice to watch.

The only reason why they can't turn at as high a speed as a JGTC GT500 car is because of the lack of downforce. On the upside, they take a beating and can still keep going. If you tap another JGTC car, you'll probably cause suspension damage.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Nope, the "V8 Supercars" have only gone to Shanghai internationally to my knowledge, I think the V8 will go reasonably well but compared to the GT Cars, I don't think so...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    The Tom's team used to have James Courtney (now in V8 Supercars) driving one of their GT500 V8 Supras, they brought it down to Phillip Island where he had some laps and acheived a best lap time 10 seconds faster than a V8 Supercar.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    would be nice to see them at Tsukuba... esspecialy lines up against a group A gtr like the ones used in bathurst....
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

I wasn't really trying to compare them to the JGTC cars though

I have the new autosalon magazine with a Jun produced Evo 9. It is still "road legal" and uses the stock gearbox etc
    And has done a 55 odd second lap time at tsukuba

So, this is essentially a reasonable highly tuned street car (even though mods are relatively simple, and still uses a TD-06 turbocharger)

Then, I am just wondering, can these Aussie "supercars" even be quicker than a modded street evo/jap car?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    V8 Supercars turn very well. And no, they don't use Commodore or Falcon chassis. They use tubular space frames. Even the engine has very little in common with the domestics other than being a V8 and running on petrol. If V8 supercars can ever "afford" to pay to run at Tsukuba, it would be nice to watch.

The only reason why they can't turn at as high a speed as a JGTC GT500 car is because of the lack of downforce. On the upside, they take a beating and can still keep going. If you tap another JGTC car, you'll probably cause suspension damage.
    i would put it down more to weight than anything, considering they have a minimum weight restriction of 1350KG. and although they do have amounts of reinforcment from a tubular chassis they are still based off the original floorpan.
    they arent horrible handlers but on the scale of things they still dont corner that fast. and i'm not comparing them to karts or JGTC. the V8 supercars have their strong points and thats on tracks with longer straights and lnger corners.
    considering the nature of tsukuba i wouldnt expect them to be competing in the same league as the GTR's and EVO's frequenting the time time attacks.
    these cars dominate not only because of their 4wd and massive horsepower but because they are built for short time attacks and can therefore put reliability lower on the list of priorities in comparison to a V8 supercar.
    sub 1 minute......... maybe but i wouldnt count on it. fact is the cars lapping in these times are purpose built for short time attacks while the V8s are built with endurance being a large priority. each car makes sacrifices in certain areas to achieve their ultimate goal. the time attack cars would be useless for an extended race as they would most likely break if driven like they are for prolonged periods

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    granted it would be great to see them on the track

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel
    Nope, the "V8 Supercars" have only gone to Shanghai internationally to my knowledge
    lol and i guess NZ is now a state of australia?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    lol and i guess NZ is now a state of australia?
    lol pwned neway, i rekon the v8's shood never have never gone to shanghai coz as much as i like to see them getting more exposure, its aussie heritage and only aussies will really be able to apprecate them. asia has gt, europe has touring cars, america has nascar and we have the v8's. and although its tru that they are far removed from the stock versions of the falcon and commodore, becoz of their layout (larger, heavier rwd) they are not suited really to tighter circuits... im happy to c them continue to run around bathurst, oran park, etc for the time being jus my 2c...