Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VTEC Light

You don't need a relay to do that sort of thing. Relays are used for high current applications such as turning on and off radiator fans, heaters, air-con etc...

If you can get your hands on a engine wiring diagram I can do it. Just splice a wire (first determine the voltage level with a multimeter) off whatever signal actuates Vtec solenoid, use a transistor wired up to a power supply (i.e. battery) the transistor is the switch (a small relay if you will) that turns on and off a light that can be connected in the circuit, with the vtec-solenoid signal that actuates the transistor.

I wouldn't waste my time on it though.

Member Array
    I've already got an Autometer blue shift lite sitting on the steering column, and also purchased a Do Luck brand VTEC light which I plan to have added to the left of the steering column, integrated in where the alarm indicator light now sit's. :wink:

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    well i did it to my car

used a 12 volt LED.. for EG.. those windscreen wiper LEDS.. etc..
    its really cool.. keeps u company when driving

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    just get a shift light and mount it underneath your cluster gauges on top of the plastic...way more functional to know when to shift than when VTEC kicks in IMO

-Joe

ps. page 2 ownage :?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    I think it's a cool idea but it'd get annoying. If anything, I'd add a toggle switch as Setanta suggested. Also, I'd only do it if I were to use a blank spot in the gauge cluster, so that it looked factory.

...I'd also do it if I had VTEC

We put a LED in a mate's 4agze Corolla for when the supercharger was 'on'. The novelty wears off quickly, but it does impress the uninformed.

i read about this last year on some american guys site, i think ot was www.si-lum.com something like that you can search it. he has a SOHc vtec eg civic. and has a list of budget little things you can do to your car.
    if i find the site ill post it.

cheers.

heres the site i found it.

http://www.wabe.net/silum

Kewl thnx for that man, I'll have a look at it.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 Integra VTi-R
    I found wat i think to be the best ides for this

http://www.jujeracing.com/vtec_light...vtec_light.htm

wondering if anyone wanted to go in on a group buy??