Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo

Thumbs down Abusing Admin Rights...

In reguards to this thread,

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=49899&page=2

Why does it seem that ECU-MAN has some personal agenda against ProECU. He is constantly abusing his priveledges as site admin in benefit to himself? Anyone else noticed this? I think its very unbecoming of a moderator...

Doesnt this sorta thing normally get posted in 'Site discussion'?

And as for the deletion of posts, i guess most people wont know what thats about, they would have had to actually be there at the time.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Im not abusing Admin right

nor mod rights

he was self promoting his product, That post would of been deleted for any user with a comercial post.

User then continued to spam and ingnored a warning so he is now banned.

Off topic posts are not welcome nor nessasary in that thread.

simple

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    ECU-MAN is not one to abuse his mod rights.
    ProECU would have been posting either illegal or completely off topic comments for them to be removed like that.
    ZeForce, please dont make an assumption that ECU-MAN is abusing his rights like that if you dont know the reason as to WHY a certain action was taken.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce
    He is constantly abusing his priveledges as site admin in benefit to himself? .
    please show me a thread other than the link you posted where I abused moderator privligaes.....

Member Array
    Car:
    X
    I have found ECU-Man to be fair and actually fairly easy with his moderating and in this case gave fair warning before taking action. If ProEcu had a problem he should have gone to pm with the site admin guys before going off on ECU-Man. I have always stuck with ProEcu in his past thread wars but in this case he went overboard.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG,DC2
    Sounds fair enough to me, if someone is degrading one product to promote another product of theirs, then bannage is called for if its constant spamming of the same point.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    seriously, the dude just came back from being banned... you'd think he'd be abit better behaved.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    i rekon ECU man is very leniant, and was only observing forum rules

promotion of another product while slagging off another is not ethical and against site rules

contined spamming, proecu was warned and then banned, no abuse of power from wat i can see
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Moved to site discussion.

I really don't think it is necessary to show the deleted posts to justify this - but to assure you there is no conspiracy I will say in one of them ProEcu says "**** You". I cannot see anything in the thread to justify such an outburst.

So ZeForce if you are still unhappy - not sure what you want us to do. In my opinion being sworn at in such a manner (whether member to member or member to moderator) - crosses the line as to what should be tolerated here.

If ProEcu was unhappy with his first post being deleted he should have raised it here. Sure I understand people are not always happy when their posts are deleted - but there is a right way of raising a complaint and a wrong way.
    Last edited by yfin; 30-08-2006 at 04:50 AM.

There really is nothing more to say here.
    No moderator is abusing their "rights" any more than anyone else.
    Infact , WE as moderators have far more tight rules to abide to
    A few users which still insist in being immature with "grudges" against moderators need to grow up quite quickly.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    A few users which still insist in being immature with "grudges" against moderators need to grow up quite quickly.
    A few moderators need to stop being incestuous rather quickly.

I am objecting to my original post being deleted for the following reasons.
    It was removed on the grounds it was commercially motivated....

Original comment was something along the lines of:
    " Car made 225kw because I ProECU tuned it, and would've made more if it wasnt for the MSD"

arguments against.
    1. The comment is actually the truth.
    2. I've never advertised commercially here, and never will.
    3. I did tune the car, without the tune it wouldn't have made the power it did
    4. I had to rectify certain mechanical oversights from said mechanic.
    5. Statement was made to correct the misconception a certain moderator was solely responsible for the car's performance.

I honestly believe the comment being deleted was alternately motivated, but i'm sure that will be denied...

I am so certain that you mods will vote against re-instating the original comment, in which case, I ask that all my posts (ever made) are deleted and my account disabled permanently, so that you mods can continue to stroke eachothers ego's without interruption.

Final note on this topic, IF my original post is not reinstated, then point 1 here has some serious implications towards the motivation of the taken action, and I hope more than anything & at the very least, people here start to question what they see on this forum.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ProECU; 06-09-2006 at 11:03 PM.