Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

REVIEW: Eurocarbon copy of J's Racing Carbon Fibre Air Intake

Hi there everyone

I just received my Eurocarbon copy of the J's Racing Air Intake of Trav(egSi) to put onto my 96 del sol so i thought I'd write up a little somethin to let ya'll know what i think of it.

Firstly, once all my details were confirmed with trav I received the product the same day! I was soooooo stoked about that. It helps if you live close to brissie i guess. :P

The package came wrapped up extremely well with bucket loads of bubble wrap and fragile stickers etc etc. Almost took me longer to open it then to install it on my car. :P When we finally got it unwrapped my mrs said "That is effing gorgeous hunni!".....this intake will get you laid fellas :P

The package came with the following things:

* Carbon Fibre intake arm
    * Pod Style air filter
    * two-piece bracket
    * all silicone joiners and clamps that are needed.
    * Red piping to go from crankcase vent to intake arm.
    * Sexy lookin underground imports sticker :P

The install was easy. Just remove everything to do with the standard intake system. While you've got it all removed I suggest giving the throttle body a clean to ensure you get maximum effect from your new intake. I also re-routed my throttle cable so it doesn't go for a road trip around my engine bay any more while i was there.

Lining it all up was quite easy. The only thing I had to relocate/move out the way was a small part of the wiring loom. I could have left it the way it was but i decided to move it so it didn't rub on the CF.

I decided not to use the piping that came with the air intake. Its a bright red colour which doesn't float my boat. I went and got som 3/8 fuel hose from my local parts shop and use that instead.

I also decided to use a bracket that i had lying around from one of my past intake setups on another car. The bracket is used to stop the filter form bounciung up and down. I attached it to where the clutch bleed line mounts onto the chassis. (I think thats what it is anyway) You should be able to see it in one of the pictures at the end.

All up the install took me roughly an hour, including re-routing the throttle cable and resetting the ecu.

Once i was done i took her for a spine and OMFG is all i can say. At idle, if i put my ear up to the filter i can hear it sucking in the air. Cruising at light throttle is pretty close to stock but if you decide to put your foot down in 4th its gonna sound like a fog horn! lol. Low down torque has improved alot, the throttle response is great and VTEC is loud as a **&%^$#*@##$*@#.

This mod did everything that Trav said it would and I look forward to dealing with him again. (hopefully soon)

I'm happy to answer any questions about this intake in regards to fitment on a del sol.

Cheers

jase
    Last edited by JasonGilholme; 22-09-2009 at 09:25 AM.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    pass me a shovel jase coz i dig it mate.

thing thing kills in terms of improvment in responce.

looks hot too
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    nice nice
    pics?
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

*passes trav da shovel* :P

pics are attached to the post.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Love your work Jase, well done!

You gota love that ROAR!
    Deano.

nice all you need is a sexy heat shield

damn that looks nice in the bay man! looking foward to your future mods - i gotta see this del sol

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    damn that looks nice in the bay man! looking foward to your future mods - i gotta see this del sol
    HAHA thanks man. Its pretty well stock at the moment cause its only been in my garage for about a month now.

Lookin forward to goin for a small cruise with some local BNE peeps so I should see ya round sometime soon.

SiREAL: I should have a template made up for a custom airbox sometime soon so it should have nice cold home soon.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    ^ js with airbox helmet? id like to see that
    oh wrd!

I'll take some pics of the process if you guys want.

Someone on OH is also doin an airbox setup for a Euro so I might wait to see what they did cause i've never done anythin like this at all. (yes i'm the metal work virgin :P)

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    sheet metal and pop rivets ftw
    oh wrd!

another satisfied customer of underground imports, fantastic!