Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 mile times

just wondering what sort of quarter mile times a H22 in an eg Civic would achieve???

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    can i put a guess? not an expert but i read in a magazine once an EK hatch with H22, with all the bolt-ons i/h/e and no internal work achieved mid 13s whilst carrying stereo gear, and a wide body kit... it was a blue NZ car (no idea wot mag tho)... so for EG, ......dayam... flat 13s?

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Its been said before... How longs a piece of string... If you've got the money to dump one of those in an EG you've got the money to do shit loads more to it so why stop there :P I'm prosuming you could break into 12's with an NA h22a though...

dont online performance have a h22 civic/crx. or there is somethin about one on there web page, ill ceck and post back.

yep, i was right they put a h22a in a 89crx.

heres a pic:

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Yeah the Online CRX has a H22a in it... hardly a CRX then ay?

Oh well still FWD and DAMN fast with a Honda engine so can't bitch about the body too much :P either body its still not exactly gonna be stock hahaha

it shouldnt cost that much to do a conversion!..i would be doing most of the work myself with the help of family members
    ive done motor conversions before ( toyota)
    cant see that it would be much different
    i was looking at puting a standarf internally wise h22a in. with either a standard-piggybacked ecu or a full stand alone ecu setup

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    OH thats right they also do street jobs too :P My bad I was thinking of the pro thingo they had.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    I hope you like understeer :P
    Remember to increase the spring rates on the front to counter act the extra weight, h22 is not really an engine that I would go for but if you’re only interested in driving in a straight line then it’s probably the best bang for buck potential. Just don’t expect to be fast on a circuit. Invest in a front cut and then you won’t have any issues with ECU’s just use the stock one that comes with the front cut

yeah i fully understand that i will be changing the characteristics of the car... im not a circut racer so cornering issues arnt really a problem... its just a street car that i want a little kick from
    cheers
    thanks for the info guys

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    Its been said before... How longs a piece of string... If you've got the money to dump one of those in an EG you've got the money to do shit loads more to it so why stop there :P I'm prosuming you could break into 12's with an NA h22a though...
    frank from allmotor group NZ did 14.1 sec on his ek h22a powered
    it aint easy to do 13 flatt dude
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com