davetrends@gmail.com

i wanna see to send to
    jlz_20@hotmail.com

why dont you jusy post up in thread

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    http://www.toweraudio.com.au/html/ca...allations.html

ive gone thru them before - pretty good - they got some nice cars at the auto salon too

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    damn that is sexy.. i want mine to b sumthing like that! simple and clean

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    The boot install looks good, but wouldnt the bass response be better if the subs faced towards the back of the car. Maybe they've gone for style over substance ie. using perspex to show of the nice looking subs.

The HU install looks a bit nasty too. Those aftermarket dash mounts just dont blend in, especially in Euro's with the beige interior.

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    that was one of their 1st euro's, things are a bit better now. you can have it so that the headunit goes inside the flip box thing, not like in the pic i potsed.

and that custom boot install was something like 3k

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Wow 3k is expensive for what they've done in the boot.... only 1 amp and 2 subs. Looks good though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Custom work does cost a fair bit. But, I don't think it's "expensive". By the time you factor in tools needed, materials needed (mdf, fibreglass, trim, etc), disposables (sand paper, paint brushes, acetone, etc), time/labor (planning, developing, testing, sanding takes a LOT of time to get it right), and misc. costs (power cables, RCA, sound deadening, etc).
    A lot of car audio shops won't touch custom installs because there's simply no money in it. While at first glance it seems pricey, it's really easily justifiable for them the charge what they do to do the job right.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Hey Micka

I had 2 amps, EQ, 2 Subs in a custom boot install in my old car... and if they'd asked me to pay $3k for it I would have choked. And before anyone questions the quality... it was 1st grade and good enough to take the QLD Finals for 0-150 watts.

Dont get me wrong, I know some installs are really expensive because thay basically redo the whole boot/use electric motors to move components etc. And I'm not having a go at the install in the pics because it looks really nice.. but in the end its only using carpet and is just a false floor with 1 amp in it.

When I get my gear put into my Euro.. I'd expect to pay a bit less, or have something REALLY nice for my $3k

That's just IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The boot install looks good, but wouldnt the bass response be better if the subs faced towards the back of the car. Maybe they've gone for style over substance ie. using perspex to show of the nice looking subs.

The HU install looks a bit nasty too. Those aftermarket dash mounts just dont blend in, especially in Euro's with the beige interior.
    Hi kiwi, why would you say that the response would be better? Facing the subs forward, the bass could easilly get in to the cabin too.... however the downside is the rear passengers would get a back massage everytime the bass hits...

If you mention the plexiglass back instead of MDF, then I would agree with you... not many material is better then a MDF enclosure.

I am thinking of doing up my HU in the euro the same way, going to route the stock player in to my AUX so can play both HU.

FHRX, got any of the photos you mention earlier? I was the guy wearing TRU shirt in the last sound off at Doran. Please send to me at tron07@hotmail.com

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    could i get some photos aswell

thanks fhrx