Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    hrmm yea i've tried ur way wynode, but i actually get wheelspin when i do that...not for a long time though...is that normal?

any harm to my engine?

it wont harm the engine..

but it wont be doing your gearbox any favours so don't do it too often!

wheelspin is fine, probably a good thing if you really need to get moving,..

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Its OK to do every so often, but it is a lot better than revving it in neutral then slamming it into drive (yes some people do that).

A little wheel spin is OK (just a chirp). You have to practise and get the best combination of the gas pedal vs. brake etc.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    ahhh...yea i've tried using both my feet before
    like one on brake and other on gas and i get off way quicker than just one foot...

yea i dont do it too often...just whenever i have that tiny urge :wink:

@ the creek, I hold the revs at 4,500-5,000 and slip the clutch a bit, that's running 18psi in the tyres though... best 60' I get is 2.3sec...
    On the street nothing more than 3Gs... too much wheel spin

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    One of my mate owns an EG civic SI, wenever he runs.. he lunch his car at roughly 5 gran. He gets everyone on his launch. =)

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggy-Vtir
    One of my mate owns an EG civic SI, wenever he runs.. he lunch his car at roughly 5 gran. He gets everyone on his launch. =)
    What with all the smoke?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    yupz from his exhaust =)
    I used to b able to launch my civic at 5gran, until i got a new clutch for my car, den all i got was a big burn out, so now i lunch it at 3.5 =)

The key to good luaches and winning a race is TIRES. being fwd, it is very hard to get traction to luanch without wheelspinning or bogging down. my techinique, get yourself some Falken azenis tires. warm them up, then let her rip at 5500 rpm. then watch your launch
    OzH$%O is not a gang, it is a way of life.

Member Array
    Yep, Im with A.C.S DRAG that the Falken Azenis are quality whether on the street, or track, as that's what im using. :wink:

i read in a Hot4s mag a while back it had techniques on launchin a FWD...it was something crazy like lettin half ur front tyre down and to harden the suspension for the rear... :shock:

my best time on the road is when i dropped it at around 4500-5000 rpm..
    never track it yet, will someday :wink:

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    yeah... if you let your tyres down (take air out) then there will be more surface area from the tyre to actually 'grip' onto the road, therefore giving you a better launch. But be careful because letting too much air out will cause you to lose top end speed... but this is only really good for the track, not for the street...