Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1

Clear tail lights

Thoughts on putting clear tail lights (and clear indicators) on a 90 prelude series 2 model?

Bron
    "It's not a Honda without the H!" - Superintendent Chalmers

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    All up to the individual owner,
    IMO, no, i rekon it would make the older car look even older.
    IMO, clear tails on old cars are a tacky upgrade.
    IMO, a better aethetical mod for your car would be a nice drop job, nice rims, and nice paint job (nice paint on older cars is HOTNESS )
    IMO, clear tails only suit some newer model cars.
    But thats jst my opinion hehehe

Im not being a smart ass here, but i stress the "opinion" part as this topic about clear tails tends to stir up flammage and generalisations about "rice".
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Yeah i know what you mean about making it look even older, I hadn't really thought about that until you mentioned it. I personally like the red taillights against the black anyway. It could do with a new paint job, but I really don't think I'd be able to afford one. It's got the decent rims, but if I got it lowered - I wouldn't be able to get it in my driveway haha. I was thinking about painting the break calipers too, just something small to add a bit of 'rice' as you put it. Maybe I should put up the 'I love rice' sticker... *cough*

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    I dunno, i find myself admiring older cars with awesome paint jobs.
    When i say awesome i dont mean Chamelion paint or sparkles etc, jst a very nice metallic or pearl finish, even an immaculate factory base colour will do the trick.
    Brake calipers yeh, not bad, nice and quick lil additive.
    Stickers, *cough* well...each to their own LOL
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Well I dont think I'll be heading down the 'sticker' road ... I'll leave that to the playboy and ripcurl girls. As for paintjobs, it looks shiny when its been cleaned, but there are a few nicks and stuff here and there. I mean, how much are we talking about for a decent paint job?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    r33
    i think its about 2k to 4k for a decent paint job..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea
    Yeah i know what you mean about making it look even older, I hadn't really thought about that until you mentioned it. I personally like the red taillights against the black anyway. It could do with a new paint job, but I really don't think I'd be able to afford one. It's got the decent rims, but if I got it lowered - I wouldn't be able to get it in my driveway haha. I was thinking about painting the break calipers too, just something small to add a bit of 'rice' as you put it. Maybe I should put up the 'I love rice' sticker... *cough*
    go the brake caliper painting!!! me and justin (the dude who organised the PA cruise in tassie last weekend) are gonna paint our brake pads, doin mine in 2 weeks in fact. i am either gonna do them red or try for a similar blue colour to my car. it aint ricey at all, rice is a mixture of big chrome mags, two tone, sparkle paintjobs and altezza style lights all round, a lancer done up basically. i rekon black or red for caliper colour on ur black prelly would look good.
    MADDZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_filo
    i think its about 2k to 4k for a decent paint job..
    yeah, i dunno if i can afford that... a friend of mine knows someone in the business and got her old beetle re-done for about $800, dunno how good a job they did, but might be worth looking into. i'd just get it done black again if at all, but make it a pearl or metallic job to make it look newer and shinier.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by nuborn
    go the brake caliper painting!!! me and justin (the dude who organised the PA cruise in tassie last weekend) are gonna paint our brake pads, doin mine in 2 weeks in fact. i am either gonna do them red or try for a similar blue colour to my car. it aint ricey at all, rice is a mixture of big chrome mags, two tone, sparkle paintjobs and altezza style lights all round, a lancer done up basically. i rekon black or red for caliper colour on ur black prelly would look good.
    yeah you gotta post photos as you do the DIY job!

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea
    yeah, i dunno if i can afford that... a friend of mine knows someone in the business and got her old beetle re-done for about $800, dunno how good a job they did, but might be worth looking into. i'd just get it done black again if at all, but make it a pearl or metallic job to make it look newer and shinier.
    lol for 800 ill buy 30 cans of spray paint and paint it matt black for ya. lol

thats ultimate budget cheap arse paint job man. seriously if u do that to ur lude
    im considering hurting u just for thinkin it! lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    lol it was definately mates rates, her paintjob is pretty decent actually.
    but i dont think paint job is high on the priority list right now, but i give you permission to smack me in the face if i ever thought about doing that to my lude.

firstly, i dont even think there is sets of lights for 3rd gens... they'd need to be custom.

Secondly, you've got the series 2 model, why would you even consider it?