Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4

2007 Honda Legend

Hey guys n gals, I just saw a pop-up advertising the upcoming 2007 Honda Legend to be released in Australia.

Its going to have a 3.5litre six cylinder producing 217kw! that's more than the mercedes benz 3.5 litre six (200kw) or Bmw's 3.0l six (190kw)!

All leather, 10 way power front drivers seat, sat-nav with camera for rear parking, 10 speaker bose hi fi with 6 stack cd in dash....

Looks sporty!

The new legend will give the Lexus Es300 a run for it's $$$$

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Connex Yo!!!
    Apparently it is running on a beta engine than the NSX...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47057

Legend is so heavy that its power to weight ratio is worse than the BMW 530i with 190kW. But it is superb value.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Test drove the Legend yesterday. It's very nice, very solid with lots of toys to play with. The doors feel heavy and the car felt very tight. It handles wonderfully, and it's fun but almost distracting watching the SHAWD indicators on the dash when gunning it thru tight corners. The 3.5 feels very progressive in its power, but you do need to boot it hard and keep the revs up for best performance. This is where the 3.0 in the Accord feels alot more responsive off the line as it is a smaller & lighter car, without the extra bulk of AWD. Is the Legend worth the extra premium over an Accord V6 Luxury? Personally I don't think so, but it is still a damn nice driving machine and if I were looking for a large luxury car for my family, the value of the Legend does beat the Germans hands down.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    how long has it been since they were saying they will bring it here? 1 year?? and got delayed and delayed and finally its here and i think the look of it is not too nice but the equipments are good, just the looks there is something missing in it

It just needs more power. It still needs to rev to get its 217kw. 250+ with more torque would be better suited to its purpose.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    looks sexy.. but will look even better if it was wider.
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    I think the power is fine. Not like owners will race it on a track. The styling is too tame and boring though for a car that costs this much.

The E-class and BMW 5 series both have good road presence whether you like the styling or not.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    It just needs more power. It still needs to rev to get its 217kw. 250+ with more torque would be better suited to its purpose.
    250's not going to happen with SOHC VTEC. LOL.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6-L
    What was the sales target for the Legend?

From the looks of things it seems to be selling very slowly.

LARGE SEGMENT ( > $80K ) - August Sales

Vehicle Units
    BMW 5 Series 142

Mercedes-Benz E-Class 135

Lexus GS 69

Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class 51

Audi A6 49

Mercedes-Benz R-Class 22

Jaguar S-Type 21

Volvo V70 14

Honda Legend 10

Peugeot 607 8

Saab 95 5

Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 3

Citroen C6 0

Lexus ES300 0

Volvo S80 0

On second thought, August was its first month on sale, and it wasn't a full month as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    u got the point... and u dun see advertisements on the streets as yet for legends... and probably the dealers are JUST getting legends arrive on the yard..
    so its not bad for first month when there are many other well-advertised competitors...
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    in my books
    legends will do very well.