Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige

Fitting Spooon twin block caliper onto DC2 VTIR

hey guys,

Got some questions in regards to the installation of spoon twin block calipers on a dc2 vtir. Just wanted to know if i would need a hub spacer to center the brake pads or something? was speaking to someone and they mentioned this to prevent brake shudder at high speeds?

Also would a 3mm spacer be suficient for a +40 offset 16x7 wheel?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Can't help you with either of your questions but will add that.

When it comes to wheels its not really the offsett thats the big factor its the design of the spokes, just it really depends on the style of wheel.

You won't notice any performance or braking gains unless u go to the track, in my opinion this should be one of the last mods to do.

If I were you id save the dosh and get legend calipers or DC2R calipers, they can be had for under 500 bucks
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECACCORD
    Can't help you with either of your questions but will add that.

When it comes to wheels its not really the offsett thats the big factor its the design of the spokes, just it really depends on the style of wheel.

You won't notice any performance or braking gains unless u go to the track, in my opinion this should be one of the last mods to do.

If I were you id save the dosh and get legend calipers or DC2R calipers, they can be had for under 500 bucks
    yes thats true. I have had spoon calipers on my previous car and had this set lying around so i thought id put them on. no harm there. but i guess what is good about the spoon calipers is that they act like oem and do not require a certain heat range to operate sufficiently. which is good for a street/track car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    You need 5mm inner spacer to fit into your car.