Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy

Question about rims

I have a 06 Civic VTI with steel rims(stock), I checked and its held in place by 5 wheel nuts. Would I be able to fit aftermarket rims and tyres with 4 wheelnut holes onto my one??? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    ''no''

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTI0NMAN-1
    ''no''
    what he said.

Member Array
    Car:
    Former Jazz
    You can get an aftermarket hub with 5 stud pattern holes and 4 stud pattern bolts, which sits on your rotors and will then allow you to fit 4 stud wheels. Not sure about the legality of these things, let alone the additional strain it may cause to your bearings.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    A few points:
    1. No. You are unable to put 4 stud rims on a 5 stud setup.
    2. The legality of aftermarket hubs is very iffy and unless you had them engineered (at considerable cost) I would not run them.

Within the wheel industry there are a number of wheel manufacturers who make similar looking wheels, so if you like a particular style you should be able to find a similar shape with a different brand.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    DCtwo SiR-G+EJeight+EGsix
    impossible to put 4 nuts rims onto a 5 nuts car. n i dont think u can transfer ur stock 5 nuts brake disc system to a 4 nuts one, too waste. but i think 5 nuts will be better than 4 nuts in my opinions.
    Last edited by kj887; 04-09-2006 at 09:09 PM.

absolutly not..

dw there are more 5stud designs then 4 stud..
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by kj887
    impossible to put 4 nuts rims onto a 5 nuts car. n i dont think u can transfer ur stock 5 nuts brake disc system to a 4 nuts one, too waste. but i think 5 nuts will be better than 4 nuts in my opinions.
    Its not the 'nuts' that are the issue, rather the 'studs'.

You would be able to transfer the brakes over, but you would have to redrill the discs.

Furthermore, a five lug setup is not necessarily and better than a four lug.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

not directed at you but the idea itself

- remember back in kinder when you tried to put a triangle block into a sqaure hole? I would've thought such a simple concept would've been thoroughly understood and possibilities eliminated.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    not directed at you but the idea itself

- remember back in kinder when you tried to put a triangle block into a sqaure hole? I would've thought such a simple concept would've been thoroughly understood and possibilities eliminated.
    lol!! i found that hilarious.

5-lug is better than 4-lug IMO.
    Have you checked the wheel your after doesnt come in 5-lug aswell?

Nice car
    Im sure you can find a good 5-lug wheel for it.

5 lug wheels are common as. u'll have no probs picking up a set.

Agree!!