Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2002 ES Honda Civic Sedan
    i was having a discussion with my friend on this topic. . he reckons no matter what engine mods u do to a hondas its a waste of money as it will never be as good as skylines, 200s and rexies

even though honda engines rev high, if u turbo civics, crx, tegs and ludes ur gonna lose most of the power as they are FF. and if u go the NA path, then ur not gonna have enough power to keep up with the boost. this is for street purposes. . .

so im wondering as i would prefer NA over a boosted car, how far will NA mods take you. i mean if u did the full works to it, exhaust, extractors, cams, ecu, value springs, clutch

open for discussion - no flaming pls

well, tell your mate that by his logic, 200's and skylines are a waste of time because you can get more power out of v8's.

it's amazing how little respect some people have for people that choose a different path.

don't worry about what you are going to "beat" because there will always be someone faster than you. worry about the package YOU want. what you will enjoy.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    At the end of the day, any car is what you make of it - if you just want "really fast in a straight line", buy a $7000 R32 GtsT and spend $18000 on making it go really fast.... and look like all the others, get defected every other week, have it off the road for weeks at a time when something brakes or you spend money on making it go faster... etc etc...

If you want "really fast everywhere" get an R32 GTR for $16000 and spend $15,000 on making it go really really fast everywhere, and have the hassles of insurance, defects, rego, theft, HWP rape and tailgating, no licence, and people wondering if it is a real GTR or a fake with a bodykit...

Personally, I like something different.
    Quick, reliable, simple to modify on weekends, no time off the road for modifying, a little bit of comfort, security, style....

It is all about what you really want from your car. I didn;t want a supercar, I didn;t want a theft target and I wanted something different and comfortable

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    don't worry about what you are going to "beat" because there will always be someone faster than you. worry about the package YOU want. what you will enjoy.
    I couldnt' have said it better myself :shock:
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Adrian from Toda Australia did a reply to the same question you asked, talking about flywheels and gear ratio's in an N/A engine which is very important if you want to get the best out of a built N/A engine.And it is not just about what you bolt to the engine you have to build a COMPLETE package.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    NA will take you to a point... and then FI will take you a little further. But its a saying used SSOOO much, how long is a piece of string.

A close friend of mine's Dad had a torry that ran 9s. It was NA with NOS, I wrote about it in the drag section under people that defeat us. That was a street legal car... So tell ya Mate His Skylines WRX's etc DONT GOT SHIT on NA!!! Theres a good old saying. No Replacment for Displacment, you wont here it on here often at all coz Honda engines are tiny :P and they do AWSEME but suck when it comes to torque.

Basicly Your friends an unducated Idiot and unfortunetly if you know even the slightest basics of cars and how physics works you will meet these fools every day. The worst thing is they will always have some dumb arse response.

Member Array
    Car:
    its started as he just bought a skyline, but plannin on getting a t3 highflow turbo, then i go im plannin on getting a teg type r as soon as i find one. which he goes y dont ya get a boosted car. . . coz i find FI as cheating

v8s were bought up in this discussion, which he goes they are quick of the line but there isnt any top end power

i mean if u did have the money to build a NA engine, i would be just as quick as any other car rite. . . .?? i guess thats what i was getting at. hondas are light cars and im sure u'll get the street creed when u open the bonnet and theres no FI. . . just sit back and

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuroX
    im sure u'll get the street creed when u open the bonnet and theres no FI. . . just sit back and
    It is more fun when you refuse to open the bonnet - My mate does and states "Perkins' Secret" on his VS commo...

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    It is more fun when you refuse to open the bonnet - My mate does and states "Perkins' Secret" on his VS commo...
    im sure that could work too

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    turbo and N/A very different..

although on track and all round performance N/A seems to b better..

and plus most JGTC cas use N/A power not turbos

supra.skylines,NSX 's and so on..

best sports cars of the world is N/A not turbo
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    deleted

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    The sound of a hi-po NA engine is much better then that of a hi-po FI engine.
    Every man andhis dog has a skyline, requires no skill to modify. With NA packages u generally get less power and have to concerntrate on other things to keep up with the competition (sussy/handling gear, weight(flywheel, interior), wheels, gears etc etc)
    It a totally different beast.

In the end though, bang for buck, ur mate will outpower u with his skyline cause its generally alot more labour to modify NA engines. Its the nature of the beast as installing turbos/coolers etc etc is very easy when compared, and htats were themoney is saved.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.