Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

fuel filter Accord Euro

Need help in locating fuel filter in Accord Euro.

Like most cars these days, it's under the rear seat. Once you take off the rear seat, you will see this funny oval metal cover. You'll have to unbolt that, and then after you take it up and out, it's actually the one housing for both the fuel pump and the filter. The filter is attached to the pump and can be changed.
    Euro '05 Std Man

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Its under the seat these days? ... well I guess its safer there, since the engine bay gets quite hot and could ignite a leaky fuel filter.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Remove the boot liner. Just beyond the spare tyre well is the round fuel pump access panel. The filter is in there.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    lol I was going to earth my Amp to that round white thing in the boot. Probably a good idea not doing so..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    lol I was going to earth my Amp to that round white thing in the boot. Probably a good idea not doing so..
    LOL

Best to earth it directly to the negative terminal or the chassis. There is a gasket between that round cover and the chassis. So that's an insulator for you.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I earthed the amp to a large bolt under the rear seat, so its all good

Its in the boot just in front of the spare tyre and it houses the fuel pump also. Under a plate with 3 screws, its the big white cradle thing that holds the fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    LOL

Best to earth it directly to the negative terminal or the chassis. There is a gasket between that round cover and the chassis. So that's an insulator for you.
    Earth directly to the batt is the best... but if you are using 0 guage power cable, then you need 0 gauge earth cable.... thick and expensive... and trouble routing/snaking it back and fro to the engine

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Remove the boot liner. Just beyond the spare tyre well is the round fuel pump access panel. The filter is in there.
    hahhahaha i just dyna matted my entire boot! i proberbly covered the fuel filtr access cover with 3mm of bitumen!! lmao!

ill check it tomorrow haha oops

Just did it today. took bout 30-40mins. Pretty easy imo. easy to take the pump/cradle/filter out of the car. Then you just need to take care in taking apart the plastic parts of the cradle to remove the level gauge, pump housing and some return valve. You get the cradle, oring, two barb rubbers, a plastic spacer and a lower pump holder with the fuel filter kit from honda. you just replace the new parts with the old ones and make sure its orientated properly. they made the cradle parts snap together in only one way so you cant get it wrong. gl for anyone else changing the fuel filter on the accord euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunda View Post
    you just replace the new parts with the old ones .
    i hope you replaced the old ones with the new ones! lol

did u have to 'releive pressure' first by doing all that complicated stuff it states in the manual? or did u just undo ur fuel cap and take it straight out?