Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My B20VTEC dyno

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    all well and good to have a killer IM and TB but u need to make sure u can get the gasses back out....does he decent have headers?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Thanks for Jus and D. My spelling is not that good. But i will try to learn and improve.

I spent a lot of money for the tuning with my car. In the tuning process, i can learn more about the tuning theory. Such as air fuel ratio, timing, Vtec point....etc.

Here is a forum. I just want to share my experience to everyone. Any mistake with me? You can tell me what i did wrong. I don't mind because i can learn more.

Every tuner say other tuner is bad. Who can i trust? I trust theory.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    well isnt basic tuning theory something along the lines of:
    low load low rpm a/f approx 14.6/7
    high load any rpm a/f approx 13.2-13.6 (depends on which makes most power) for na applications
    turbo needs about in the 12s to avoid detonation.

look i dunno as much as alot of people here but looking at that a/f its truely wak.
    should be as close to a flat curve at a single load as possible.

please dont take everything here as correct but u wanna do runs at different a/f at wot and find the one that makes the most power, whilst still in the safe na zone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    At 7000rpm, it has 210Nm of torque at the crankshaft. With only 160Kw@engine, that is pretty lame. Those camshafts should be making more power at higher rpm than that! Obviously needs camshaft timing adjustment, better spark plugs and a thorough AFR retune.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Hey guys..thanks for the comments...yea the car feels a lil weird driving it....1st gear n half way 2nd gear doesnt seems to pull...it only pulls after about 4000rpm on 2nd gear...n as i stated be4..theres a flat spot around 2700 - 3000...i thought the AF ratio doesnt look a lil whack...i thought 14.5 is around the optimal range..ive rang trent from mercury back cos he wants to know my feedback..so ill prolly tell him n see if he can retune it...or ill go APC or CNJ (can i borrow someones pfc commander?) i dun have anymore data...i wanted the torque graph so i know how much torque im puttin out...

Im running 5Zigen 4-2-1 b18 headers with custom 2.75 straight pipe with FGK muffler....

Ill ring mercury back on monday and see if i can get a few things fixed...i guess this is only the first tune..so maybe some more fine tuning is needed...

hey f[L]y..wat spark plugs r u using? Im using NGK Iridium X spark plugs...but be4 i tuned my car..i was running rich...so would the carbon deposit affect the performance?..and Im running powerfc

hey col!! get some passenger front seats!!!

o yeah!! and a fridge.. and a tv... and a microwave!! lol.. jokez man

Quote Originally Posted by Mst_Mugen
    o yeah!! and a fridge.. and a tv... and a microwave!! lol.. jokez man
    Haha..My guess is that your Bevan? ahaha...ill get a front passenger seat but no seat belt...haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bo_bo
    hey f[L]y..wat spark plugs r u using? Im using NGK Iridium X spark plugs...but be4 i tuned my car..i was running rich...so would the carbon deposit affect the performance?..and Im running powerfc
    im running some HKS plugs. Running really cool plugs..they were like 8-9 heat range. Im using a hondata s100 though.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bo_bo
    Hey guys..thanks for the comments... so maybe some more fine tuning is needed...
    Give the guy who tuned it, the 1st opportunity to rectify any issue you have with it.
    Going elsewhere straight away will only cost you money and piss off both parties.
    Though you yourself haven’t said anything untoward,
    There are plenty of critics who have stepped upto that plate.
    Considering you said you had the thing tuned with a hand controller rather than with laptop software. You’re doing ok…
    From what you’ve said here, you’ll be fine.
    The guy said, bring it back if you have an issue & he’ll sort it out.

I take issue is with the criticism has comes thick & fast from the would-be & arm chair tuners. How this or that should be better.
    & I don’t mean those members who are just voicing their opinion, that’s what this forum is all about.
    I mean those who would engage the market for profit.
    In that respect, no one who has posted here in my opinion is capable of doing any better themselves.
    IMO, given the same hand controller & dyno to do the job, you’d be dead in the water. Particularly if time constraints are brought into is & you’re working to a budget (time wise)
    Using a laptop is a different story. (an option apparently not available)

Those who are retarded enough to admit they know nothing, yet sell part & offer advice regarding what set-up someone aught to be using are the ones who really need a bullet.
    That is where dog shit becomes smarter than a supposed human.
    Last edited by TODA AU; 09-09-2006 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Evan, please don't take issue with this post, it's not about you.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Just to keep things fair, Mercury Motorsports actually has the software. Hence the reason for Colin taking it there in the first place, makes sense that if they had the software they would have some sort of experince with PFC. If he went to any other tunner in brisbane he would need the hand controller since that don't have the software.

but yeah you should print this shit out colin and show them. they can justifly themselves.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale