Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My B20VTEC dyno

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39
    was making peak power around 8000-8200
    Well that means you would have had about 207Nm@crankshaft(about 160Nm@wheels) and yes, I realise that your setup was different Just needed it for a comparison.

Therefore, if master_bo_bo arranges to have the camshaft timing adjusted for peak power at higher rpm(over 8000rpm), with the same amount of hi-rpm torque it will go over the 130Kw@wheels mark easily. It is then a case of adjusting the low rpm fuel and ignition curves for the best driveability.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Todaek9: I believe it is the stock TB and intake manifold. However, that would not be causing the low rpm hesitation. If it was to be a problem, it would be restricting hi-rpm air flow.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    but may i know how Hi RPM should a B20 get??..from what i know, it is ard 8500 Peak, Vtec point around 4,800 - 5,200rpm. Anything over 8500rpm peak should have some reliability issue...but i guess it all depends on the owner.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hybrid
    i wonder if stock TB (60mm ??) and intake manifold (P30 ??) too restrictive at high rpm. Would be interesting to know the cost/performance ratio if he does these upgrades.

Better to do more research. No best tuner in forum.

Guys while it is this LEAN you are all taking guess's as to the flat spot and lack of high RPM power just wait till its retuned with the correct AFR's then we will see the difference in power and drivabilty.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Hey Guys

Took the car back in for a retune today and here are the dyno sheets....I made 119.2kw but this dyno was done on 4th gear instead of 3rd like the previous dyno...Ive included a torque graph as well...any inputs are much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    so you made pretty much the same power
    is that flat spot gone?
    does it feel better? more ressponsive?

The flat spot is still there...but the tuner reckons its caused by the efficiency of the cams and other combination of parts im using in my car...so i dunno..but the car feels somewhat a lil smoother i guess..havent really had a long drive to really notice the difference yet...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    are you planning to do more mods like manifold and tb or bigger cams later on?

yeah maybe...later on...im planning on Toda B or Buddyclub Spec 3+ something along those line..i want a cam thats good for mid range power but also decent up top...seeing b20 produce most of their power much earlier...n maybe ITR IM and TB or skunk2..i dunno yet..just work with wat i have atm i guess

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    thats alot of torque....why don't you take it down the 1/4 to see what MPH it pulls?