Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R/DC5R
    do the 45 series profiles cost more or less than the 50 series profiles?

I think the lower the profile the more expensive tyre is, but than again different shops different prices

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 ITR
    i have buddyclub 16x7 on mine and i run 205/45/16

when i had 17's i ran 215/40/17 no worries

it all comes down to what you want

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    any feedback on dunlop 195/55/15's? as semislicks? im about to buy some for my type r...but unsure about the thin 195 profile!
    Boosted Integra underway!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by spardikis
    any feedback on dunlop 195/55/15's? as semislicks? im about to buy some for my type r...but unsure about the thin 195 profile!
    D02G's?? I had these on the Crx and it is heavier than a DC2R. I had exactly the same size.

One word: Awsome! Once these are warm they are great. But you must understand when they are cold they have less traction then normal road tyres.

195's Slicks are fine for a light weight DC2R, its nimble and quick. Wider is not necesarily better.

D02G's are an excelent choice. I would only recomend them for a serious track goer. I would not recomend them for the street and especially a daily driver, as the are noisy, need to heat up, tread depth is not as deep as street tyres, and of course they will wear quicker.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    thanks D, will just be using them for the track and quarter mile, looks like ill go ahead and get them!
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    having higher profile will "sag" a little (not a bad thing) so will give a little more footprint as well as higher profile generally giving more traction

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    it's not just about wot's wider = more grip or wot profile is good, etc... you gotta take everything into consideration.

stock DC2 tyres are 195/55/15 hence an equivalent tyre size for 16" rims is 205/45/16... making the overall tyre diameter almost the same as stock, ie keeping your speedo accurate too. if you go wider, you'll also risk scrubbing, esp if your car is lowered.. and it might even affect your handling if the tyres are too wide. anyway, 205/45/16 is the perfect size... and it's a very common tyre size, can't c y anyone will have trouble getting it.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    that's true when looking at a daily driver, although 215/45/16 sits very nice on 7 inch wide rims with ~ 45 offset and the added traction wouldn't go astray(for dc2r). 205 would feel more solid in cornering though as there would be less tire squirm. i guess if you have the requirement for various widths (drag, circuit, whatever) you may have to get rims with an offset to suit, such as RWD cars with high power get staggered rims to fit wide tyres on the rear. i guess, like with most areas of modding, adhering to factory specs can be eased up to get performance, just make a mental note if your speedo is a little out of if you are prone to a little scrubing in bumpy corners

Member Array
    Car:
    DCtwo SiR-G+EJeight+EGsix
    i will choose 205/50/16 for DC2r, cos the JDM DC2R 98 spec is 205/50/16.

I think I'll go for 205/45, I made my mind

Quote Originally Posted by kj887
    i will choose 205/50/16 for DC2r, cos the JDM DC2R 98 spec is 205/50/16.
    I thought 98spec were 215/45/16s?