Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Has any1 had their discs machined under wty yet? I'm assuming the dealer is going to try that first before replacing them.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    Just got mine machined at 27000km

I went to the dealer to have them check out the brake shuddering, all they said was that I needed to machine my discs and it will be fixed. I declined their offer (as they told me it will cost me $$$), knowing that there is an underlying issue with the discs/pads. I wonder where to go from here...
    Euro '05 Std Man

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranial
    I went to the dealer to have them check out the brake shuddering, all they said was that I needed to machine my discs and it will be fixed. I declined their offer (as they told me it will cost me $$$), knowing that there is an underlying issue with the discs/pads. I wonder where to go from here...
    Your dealer should machine the disc's under warranty as there is a known problem. My dealer machined my disc's at 30k then replaced disc's & pad's at 40k & have just had the disc's & pads replaced again at 82k, all under warranty. If your dealer won't come to the party, tell them you will go directly to HMCA. That will change thier attitude.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Im having this problem now, as soon as i hit the brakes the steering wheel shakes.

Any adivce on how to talk to the dealership about it?
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    Im having this problem now, as soon as i hit the brakes the steering wheel shakes.

Have you tried braking hard from high speed and then cruising to let the discs cool down? It usually fixes the shuddering.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista

After reading this thread for a while now,i decided to replace my front pads with Delphi Lockheed ones.so far they seem good,firmer pedal,pull up a LOT better,low dust.Not cheap!(Chris from I S racing reccomended them).Have 7300ks.now.I'll let you know how they go.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yeah, as vtec.net found out with their TSX, the stock pads were the ones causing the shuddering by leaving deposits. After switching to aftermarket pads, the problem went away.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Is it a warranty issue though?
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    ^ the initial problem or using non-gen pads?

the initial problem is, however if you change to non-gen pads and still experience brake shudder i HIGHLY doubt it'll be covered under warranty.

it is a fairly common problem (in fact we had one in our workshop last week). usually the machine and pad replacement fixes the problem, however there is the extremely odd occaision the issue reoccurs.

if you are experiencing shudder under braking don't hesitate to have a word with you dealer service manager about it
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    ^ the initial problem or using non-gen pads?

the initial problem is, however if you change to non-gen pads and still experience brake shudder i HIGHLY doubt it'll be covered under warranty.

it is a fairly common problem (in fact we had one in our workshop last week). usually the machine and pad replacement fixes the problem, however there is the extremely odd occaision the issue reoccurs.

if you are experiencing shudder under braking don't hesitate to have a word with you dealer service manager about it
    Yeah i was talking about the initial problem.

Thanks for your advice its due for a service soon so i'll just raise it then, cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    actually the problem does re-occur, happens in our workshop, end up, just supplying new discs, and the 06 pads.