Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conversions

Newcomer Array
    Hey guys... i have been on this forum for a little bit now but am yet to post... i was wondering if you could help me out a little..
    i am currently researching/contemplating an engine conversion for my 98 civic vti coupe... and was wondering what you guys thought? i have considered the normal B16A and then go forced induction... but i was also wondering about a H22A conversion?? i have heard that it is hard to do this conversion whilst keeping the air conditioning and power steering... but i also know of a company here in bris that has already done one of these conversions and kept both of these...
    so preaty much if you could help me out with some personal information that you might have on these conversions... or any other suggestions for that matter... please type away!
    thanks alot guys
    travis

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Telling us which car would help

H22 into a 4th gen is a bad idea - you have to cut away a lot of sheetmetal. Into a 5th or 6th gen is possible but it affects weight distribution badly. A better move is the B20 from the CRV or a B18C
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Hey dude what is the company in bris that does the h22a conversion?

hey my brother got the h22a conversion done on his 97 civic hatch. they kept his air con and his power steering no problems. he got it done at Ares Speed. its the green honda civic with gold flames up the side if youve seen it before it was at brisbane autosalon.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    heheh - why is it that as soon as someone says a car was at a autosalon I immediately lose respect for it? :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

J/K - well maybe

At the strip or on the track yeah - but the autosalon???? :P

whats wrong with autosalon?

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    The top cars are usually the best that your drug money can build and in general the cars are too overdone for my taste.

Personal choice, but I have no respect for show ponies and all the respect in the world for working class track and strip cars.

Member Array
    well thats your personal choice, but you cant come out saying that most of the cars drug money has paid for, thats just not right and in my opinion pisses me off, cause its the people who work hard and save every cent to make their car what they want it to look and go like. and if anyone acused me of being a drug dealer just beacuse in their "personal" opinion of how my car looked, then i would "personaly" give them a good farkin hit up side the head.

Let's keep this on topic. Personal opinions on show cars and drug money won't help civ with his engine conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    The top cars are usually the best that your drug money can build and in general the cars are too overdone for my taste.

Personal choice, but I have no respect for show ponies and all the respect in the world for working class track and strip cars.
    Drugs? I thought the current trend was fraud??? All usually bad anyways... like the guys with the killer skylines etc and they work part time at a fast food store...

BTW, dude, why do you have a link to THESE forums in your sig???

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aZZ
    ...and if anyone acused me of being a drug dealer just beacuse in their "personal" opinion of how my car looked, then i would "personaly" give them a good farkin hit up side the head.
    Then you'd get in a lot of trouble for assault over failing to read exactly what had been said and getting over emotional over misconstruing something that had never been said in the first place.

Back on track: I did a little research and while the H22A swap is possible and mounts are made in the US for it - people are shying away from it in favour of the CRVTEC alternative. Mostly because the CRV bolt in is easier and provides better weight displacement. Bolting on the "B" series head with forged internals etc seems to make a better all-round package.

Slave - I always knew you were smart

Newcomer Array
    Yep the place i was talking about was ares sound in Bris i had a look over the conversion in the civic hatch with andrew... and it looks very neat... but i have never heard of this crvtec conversion... what is the go with that? Does anyone have any sort of power figures etc.. cause the thing that attracted me to the h22a was the power to weight ratio.
    keep the thoughts coming please ppl!
    thanks
    travis