Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    What I think will be interesting over the next few years is who will fill the void and whether it will become very onesided (like a few years ago). Is Alonso going to steal the show and who is going to be a rival?
    Good point.
    I personally think it will come down to the teams.
    Kimi will have the speed and Reliabilty at Ferrari (one thing he never had at McLaren was both those things)
    He'll also have Brawn, Todt and even Schumacher in his ear planning his race strategory etc.

I think Kimi is going to be hard to beat in 2007.
    Alonso must know something that we don't for him to go to McLaren so early in the season and to leave Renault out in the dark like he did, Poor Flavio heard it on the news from the media before Alonso's mouth.

Then you have Renault with a rookie and Fisichella.
    To me, Fisichella has never been threatening enough this year for me to say he'll be a championship contender next year.

I can't wait to see Red Bull's new package and see what BMW can do.
    As for Honda, give Davidson a drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore
    What a way to retire.... on the day you get your 90th victory!! No one else has that many so how can he not be the best ever? We will miss you. Now comes the hard part who to watch now.....????
    Im gonna give Kimi a go

If JPM was still there he'd be my #1 but i'll give Kimi a go...then again i am a Scuderia Ferrari tragic

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    As far as i'm concerned, Schumacher doesnt come close to Senna in raw talent & ability.

To validate that comment, F1 has not been the same after Senna and thats with Schumacher!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    As far as i'm concerned, Schumacher doesnt come close to Senna in raw talent & ability.

To validate that comment, F1 has not been the same after Senna and thats with Schumacher!
    Thats an age old argument that i wont get into, i've done it far too many times

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    mate, trust me, ive been following F1 since it came to Adelaide in 1985.

try downloading some old footage of senna at Donnington, wet race......enough said! I havent seen Schumacher display any such brilliance in the wet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    mate, trust me, ive been following F1 since it came to Adelaide in 1985.

try downloading some old footage of senna at Donnington, wet race......enough said! I havent seen Schumacher display any such brilliance in the wet.
    Dont worry i've been following F1 for the same amount of time, i joined the circus in 1990.

Schumacher is labelled as the "Rein Meister"

I guess you're part of the 'Schumacher hate club'..there are quite a few around, it really doesnt matter though because he is the 7 time world champion and he will be remembered by many to be the greatest.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    ooooookay

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude/Odyssey
    anybody see that video of Senna and shumi doing the same course?
    senna was doing <1 second more than shumi and in old technology!!!

thats enough for me to beleive that senna is as good, if not, better, than shumacher.

btw im not a shumi hater, or a senna fanatic, just my own opinions based on what ive seen.

heres the video i mentioned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkclstv5hs
    Last edited by phily; 12-09-2006 at 03:22 AM.
    Indicating when no one is around is like talking to yourself

I dunno where the u came from, probably the "U" key on the keyboard but im skeptical

omg dun bring up senna vs schumi... plz

anywayz ima miss the kient... wont be the same without him...
    truely one of the greatest drivers of ALL TIME...

All I have to say is:

In 1994 first 3 races Schumacher defeated Senna, many people claim that Senna would of come back and beat him later on in the season.

Senna went from car to car (whoever was the best at the time) he didn't build a team around him like Schumacher did/has.

As for this footage, you have to remember Schumacher would of been in his rookie years in F1 were Senna was in his prime.
    That Donnington footage is spectacular for sure, but he did have a great car under him.

I read this quote before and thought it is relivent here:
    Comparing drivers from different eras really shits me. They’re a completely different breed: old-school drivers used to bicycle tyres, swing axles and supercharged straight-8s run on methanol would be useless in the big downforce, big g-force cars of today (and vice versa).
    Senna life was cut short, so we'll never know.
    Most people dislike Schumacher because he is so successful and people that say "Senna was so much better" generally have no clue or watched Senna in the day.

Instead, we should be happy we witnessed these two great drivers and agree that they are the best of the best.

Oh and if your going to compare Apples with Oranges.
    Senna help build the NSX
    Schumacher helped to build the ENZO!

(See my point above, two different time eras which you can't compare)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by phily
    anybody see that video of Senna and shumi doing the same course?
    senna was doing <1 second more than shumi and in old technology!!!

thats enough for me to beleive that senna is as good, if not, better, than shumacher.

btw im not a shumi hater, or a senna fanatic, just my own opinions based on what ive seen.

heres the video i mentioned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkclstv5hs
    Senna had slicks and a different engine

I agree, there is no way you can compare unless they are driving the same machine, and all factors were the same.

They have beaten each other before. Senna was great yes, but Schumi is the greatest! A living legend. Schumi even beat Senna in only his 2nd season.

Stats don't lie, he has broken all records.

By the end of this season, we will be saying 93 wins and 8 world championships!